Server Requirement Help?

Smeelio

Me and my friends are looking to make a tekkit server, with a few plugins (Lockette, Essential pack maybe) with a maximum of 4 people, with some nuclear reactors that we are eventually going to make. So, can anyone tell me the expected requirements, ghz, RAM, etc? Thank you in advance.

running tiny server for 2 players on dual-core 2.9GHz, tekkit has assigned 2GiB. it rarely uses more than 40% of one core. we have one nuclear reactor (a ton of solar panels), 2 sorting facilities (with automatic maceration and smelting), 3 quarries, piston pig farm and a few farm stuff from forestry, so nothing too hard on cpu (we're primarily using redpower tubes and ender chests to avoid long and stuffed pipes). i think it realy depends on what you're going to build..

I don't understand what it means in a technical sense, but I know you can have a, say, 3.4 gigahertz processor, and it is sort of how fast it is. I don't go into the technical stuff. So thanks for the useless comment. mnn, thanks, you actually helped. Anyone else have a more detailed answer?

I don't understand what it means in a technical sense, but I know you can have a, say, 3.4 gigahertz processor, and it is sort of how fast it is. I don't go into the technical stuff. So thanks for the useless comment. mnn, thanks, you actually helped. Anyone else have a more detailed answer?

Lets try an analogy:

Ghz is like RPM in a car it doesn't say how fast you are going just how fast your engine is turning.

For 4 people you should be fine with 512Mb of RAM and something along the lines of at least a Phenom X2 550. (Pretty much anything in 2nd generation i series)

are you sure about the memory? when I tried 512MiB for 2 people after some time (or during generation of unexplored chunks) it crashed on not enough memory (but also I'm using some plugins/extra mods, so it might be their fault). not really sure, how aggresive garbage collection in java is, but after few hours of playing server uses over 70% of assigned ram (~1.5GiB).