Help With Modding Minecraft Client!!!

noonzark

hey every one im kind of new to modding and java coding but know lots already, what i want help with is modding the minecraft login screen if someone could help me out that would be great all i need to know is what the java name is in eclipse and may be some examples on how to do some things with it :Dminecraft1.jpgThis is what i want to change

Obfuscation changes the source from human readable to something machine readable but gibberish to humans.

Minecraft's source is "protected" by obfuscation, all the variables and functions in the source are renamed to gibberish names like aaa, aab, aac, ect... and all references to them are changed accordingly. Java doesn't care if an onTick() function is called onTick() or asr(), but the human brain does.

Deobfuscation in MCP runs through the code and fixes it, turning the references and declarations back to human readable descriptive names. I'm pretty sure it's just a translation table, so we don't know for sure what the original names were but as long as your mod references asr() instead of onTick() it'll work fine.

As you can guess, obfuscation does jack squat to protect the source. Only thing it's good at is making modding harder so fewer mods get made and there is less interest in minecraft in general, just like any other intellectual property protection scheme.

Obfuscation changes the source from human readable to something machine readable but gibberish to humans.

Minecraft's source is "protected" by obfuscation, all the variables and functions in the source are renamed to gibberish names like aaa, aab, aac, ect... and all references to them are changed accordingly. Java doesn't care if an onTick() function is called onTick() or asr(), but the human brain does.

Deobfuscation in MCP runs through the code and fixes it, turning the references and declarations back to human readable descriptive names. I'm pretty sure it's just a translation table, so we don't know for sure what the original names were but as long as your mod references asr() instead of onTick() it'll work fine.

As you can guess, obfuscation does jack squat to protect the source. Only thing it's good at is making modding harder so fewer mods get made and there is less interest in minecraft in general, just like any other intellectual property protection scheme.

Ahh so basically it is like a shitty code that, once cracked just protects it from lazy people...