most mods for tekkit dont work and say no metadata really need help

nono543211

Question

Launcher Version: technical launcher

Operating System: mac

Java Version: dont know

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

when im playing i dont have the crafting guide when i go into my inventory and checkpoints dont work either. and ive tried clearing cache too

Error Messages:

Error Log:

8 answers to this question

Jorcer are you sure? all the buildcraft mods say this and happen not to work, which is a huge inconvenience....

It is just coincidence that the mods without Metadata are not working. It doesn't mean that you don't have an issue, just that that is not what is causing it. Post your log and we can help more. Also what version of Java are you using?

I have the same problem. A good 90% of my mods say "Medadata not found" and when clicked on tell me to "ask your mod author to provide a mod .info file". I can't say for sure that none of them work, but Not Enough Items for sure does not.

Java Version: Not sure how to check

Launcher Version: Not sure, but I just downloaded it off of the Technic homepage Nov. 4th.

I have the same problem. A good 90% of my mods say "Medadata not found" and when clicked on tell me to "ask your mod author to provide a mod .info file". I can't say for sure that none of them work, but Not Enough Items for sure does not.

Java Version: Not sure how to check

Launcher Version: Not sure, but I just downloaded it off of the Technic homepage Nov. 4th.

Don't necro this long dead thread please. Read my above post! Metadata is simply a text file that some mod authors include with the mods. More often than not, they don't bother.If you are having an issue, it is not caused by not having Metadata. I have the exact same message and my launcher works fine.