im getting a popup error message and cant use tekkit or technic

krashnak10

Question

Launcher Version: 3.1.2

Operating System: i dont know im running windows xp 32 bit

Java Version: jre 7

Antivirus Program: avg

Description of Problem:

i get a popup saying Updater has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience and i cant figure out how to get it to work ive gone to roaming and looked for .technicpacklauncher or whatever and theres only a logfile

Error Messages:

Updater has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience

Error Log:

there arent any the log folder is empty

2. Agreed that people are getting hostile, but perhaps that's partly because:

1. of the failure of any of the launcher developers to acknowledge that there may be a problem, rather than the cause being "stupid" users

Hit the nail on the head there for me, maybe if I had put it like this and not gotten carried away I wouldn't have Helen Keller under my name (I don't even know what that means?)

Hit the nail on the head there for me, maybe if I had put it like this and not gotten carried away I wouldn't have Helen Keller under my name (I don't even know what that means?)

Even if you don't understand the Helen Keller thing I think the avatar expresses it pretty clearly...

Guys follow what jorcer said. I was having the same issues with IE9, and it kept giving me an error message when loading. So I downloaded Firefox and downloaded the jar file through there and it worked like a charm and is updating for me at this moment....

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/technic-launcher-updater-has-stopped-working.26825/

Steps to fix the ".exe is broke" issue.

I am posting this on the threads that have several replies in hopes that if someone actually searches their problem before posting, then they will see how to fix it.

Yes, I just copy/pasted it. Sorry if it's against the rules, just trying to help :)

Also on the .exe not working for some people is caused by not having your .net framework up to date.

If i remember correctly the laucher is using the 2.0 net framework(if that is wrong feel free to correct me) , if it doesn't work for you try updating your .net framework to the newest one and see if that helps you .

I just got this .net framework error: http://pastebin.com/rWUinaBS

I clicked Quit. It was User Error, I clicked on my .exe of the launcher too many times. After clicking quit from the error pop-up report, the launcher worked fine.

I don't know if that's what you were talking about Grindle, but I remembered seeing it before, and knew I could replicate the error.