EE Trans Tablet recode/balance.

andrewdonshik

I had an idea that the transmutation tablet should charge 75 or so EMC to learn an item. This could be accomplished by making the burn slot produce EMC without learning items, and the left grid will transmute and charge emc to learn the item if needed. I don't know crap about java, so I can't code this myself.

You could also make it so that transmutation is not 100% efficient, so it would cost more than an item's emc value to transmute it. The energy lost in the process would be released as heat, which would build up over time. Once heat levels are sufficiently high, the trans tablet would refuse to work, requiring you too let it "cool" down by not using it, or draw away heat using water, ice, or some type of magic heat absorber.

Also, the concept of Equivalent Exchange, doesn't really gel with the concept of losing EMC during transmutation.

That's always been a fair point, but there are plenty of us who don't like the equivalent part of equivalent exchange in the first place. I personally avoid the transmutation table and condenser entirely with the exception of creating EE items (so I'll transmute diamonds only to make diamond blocks for dark matter, for example), just like I avoid the solar panels from IC and RP. (That other guy's idea of burning nikolite for blutricity is good, or alternately burning items for thaum to produce blutricity.)

It's just a matter of taste: For my playstyle, I like everything to be finite, and if I need more stuff, I can make a new age to dig into.

I don't use EE at all. In general, if I have to do work to make a mod fun for me to play, then that mod isn't worth using. As for solar, I use APS Solar Arrays. They require an Assembly Table to build, so they're firmly in the grounds of lategame power, rather that IC's "Spend 5 minutes mining, have infinite electricity" solar panels.

In general, if I have to do work to make a mod fun for me to play, then that mod isn't worth using.

I maintain a more practical stance, that 100% of my opinions will never precisely line up with 100% of everyone else's opinions, so if I hold out for that to happen, it'll never happen. If I find a mod that is 90% what I want, I simply alter that remaining 10% instead of throwing away the 90%.

It's no different than getting a slice of cake with too much icing on it: I just take off some of the icing and still eat the cake.

I maintain a more practical stance, that 100% of my opinions will never precisely line up with 100% of everyone else's opinions, so if I hold out for that to happen, it'll never happen. If I find a mod that is 90% what I want, I simply alter that remaining 10% instead of throwing away the 90%.

It's no different than getting a slice of cake with too much icing on it: I just take off some of the icing and still eat the cake.

Why would you ruin a piece of perfectly good cake? The icing is the best part!

On a serious note, I agree that if you don't like the whole mod, then you don't have to use those parts. Of course, in SMP, if you don't use EE but someone else does, they get a huge advantage over you very quickly.