DJSaerkraut

Question

Launcher Version: 1.3

Operating System: windows 7

Java Version: 7 and 6

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

EN:

My launger Don't started wehn I press on the icon after this come a error message from windows (7).

DE:

Mein Probelm ist das mein launger nicht startet es erscheint eine Fehler meldung mit dem text "Technic Launger Updater funktzuiniert nicht" (von windows)

Error Messages:

EN:

Technic Launger Updater don't worked.

DE:

Technic Launger Updater funkzuieniert nicht

Error Log:

18 answers to this question

I love these kinds of threads!

If all users would be like this, then hell, we wouldnt need moderators anymore!

Think about that...

If they were all like this these forums would be infinitely less interesting.

Think about that...

I speak a little German. So the original poster got a "Launcher has stopped"working" message, like a lot of folks here (including me) are reporting. But I'm not clear what they have done to fix it?

I am getting a “Technic Launcher has Stopped Working Error”!

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

I speak a little German. So the original poster got a "Launcher has stopped"working" message, like a lot of folks here (including me) are reporting. But I'm not clear what they have done to fix it?

Usually the problem is the anti virus (strangely my avg is happy, but this is not always the case), other probs might be wrong java

Under me: will keep in mind

Usually the problem is the anti virus (strangely my avg is happy, but this is not always the case), other probs might be wrong java

Those are the general troubleshooting solutions, the one I posted is usually the solution (temporary) for the exe returning a not working error.

I am getting a “Technic Launcher has Stopped Working Error”!

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

Sure but the op seems to say that they have changed java version, and all is good?

Sure but the op seems to say that they have changed java version, and all is good?

Yes, it would appear that his issue was that he had the wrong bit for Java or he had two Java's. That should be the first thing you check when you start having issues with the Launcher. I like to assume that everyone has read the stickies (they almost never do). I just added that here so that if people tried the Java and it wasn't the issue, there would be another fix on this thread.

• Moderators

If they were all like this these forums would be infinitely less interesting.

Think about that...

The whale box would be empty :(

And both of you would be unknown and less supporting for the community..

yea it's much better if we don't have any more threads like OP here... I dread to think how Kitty jail would have begun if bride didn't have the mother theresa reputation that she has now.

People would probably never had noticed that thread... think, a world without a Kitty jail thread... what a sad place that would be...