help with changing text that comes out when logging into a server

Hello, I am looking to get the info, (searched all over the wiki but either the search utility was being unco-operative, I do not know what terminology to use, or the help does not exist there.)

on how to change the text you see when first logging into a server, I want to put my skype account in there for new people joining so if they have questions they can send a message to it, as it makes noise and I can not be at my computer all the time, but this way I can hear that a new message has come in from anywhere with in hearing range, (working on getting a wireless head set too, so answering voice would be easy too.)

so anyone know how to mod that text that goes out? I have seen servers that did it, just not sure even if it requires a special mod for this or not. Any help especially a tutorial I can go to and bookmark for future reference would be excellent.

oh I am referring to having something in the text for people just logging into my server, that will cause an audible notification that they have questions. Is there maybe a plugin that does this instead? that would be more useful really,

That is what the Skype name reasoning is, if they log into Skype because no Admins are responding to them in game, then I will get the Skype noise played when they try to connect to me. But DXWarlock brings up a valid point. I have ooVoo too, but have not tried using it, Is there something else that is more used that would be able to make a noise? I have pidgin too with everything linked to it, other than Skype, and I just remembered it does not make noise because I turned all that off ages ago for completely unrelated reasons. Guess I could turn it on, but posting IM info for it would run into the same possible problems as best I can see. so i guess unless there is an alternate method of communication that has better filtering or something, then Throw away accounts that I can dis-guard if someone does get wonky on me, is the only option I can see.

oh I am referring to having something in the text for people just logging into my server, that will cause an audible notification that they have questions. Is there maybe a plugin that does this instead? that would be more useful really,

That is what the Skype name reasoning is, if they log into Skype because no Admins are responding to them in game, then I will get the Skype noise played when they try to connect to me. But DXWarlock brings up a valid point. I have ooVoo too, but have not tried using it, Is there something else that is more used that would be able to make a noise? I have pidgin too with everything linked to it, other than Skype, and I just remembered it does not make noise because I turned all that off ages ago for completely unrelated reasons. Guess I could turn it on, but posting IM info for it would run into the same possible problems as best I can see. so i guess unless there is an alternate method of communication that has better filtering or something, then Throw away accounts that I can dis-guard if someone does get wonky on me, is the only option I can see.

Yea, that's really the only way to go, but I guess e-mail could work too..

ok I guess in a bit when I finish testing the plugins I found, I will just go make a slew of like 5 backup disposable IM client accounts on skype. and I suppose some yahoo ones too, so people have an option and turn on audible notifications on pidgin. If I start running out make more, not like skype or yahoo is going to stop giving away free accounts anytime soon heh heh.