There is a new common problems thread

Zebrin

Question

Mod edit: This thread is being retired in favor of a new one. Thank you Zabrin for creating this one.

Please look at this thread for current information.

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,4191.0.html

IF THE LAUNCHER ACTUALLY LAUNCHES POST YOUR NEWEST LOG (the one called launcher_0.log) ON www.pastebin.com THEN THE LINK HERE. LOGS ARE FOUND IN .techniclauncher/logs

Ok, there have been a lot of people opening threads asking the same damn questions that have already been answered several times before. This thread is for the hotfixes and work arounds that have already been found. Do NOT ask questions here. They will only shit up the thread. If you do not see a fix here, and have one feel free to post it and PM me so that I can update the op. Anyone who does ask a question in this thread will be ignored at best.

Windows users: The Technic Pack is downloaded to C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher

It is a hidden file, so go to your Control Panel, select Folder Options, and in the view tab turn view hidden folders on.

Mac users. The Technic Pack is downloaded to ~/Library/Application Support/techniclauncher

Problem: When using the launcher, It opens, says "Checking Launcher Version" And then shuts down. Spout does not open afterwards.

Reason: Unknown.

Solution: Go to AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher and open the techniclauncher.jar file in java. It will open the launcher, and will let you play technic through spout.

Problem: Unable to change mods Using the Mod Select function.

Reason: Likely you don't have .cfg files set to be read yet.

Solution: go to AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technicssp\config and right click on any of the .cfg files there. click open with and set it to always run with notepad.(Macs use textedit) Now you can change mods within the launcher.

If the option is greyed out just click on the big technic logo and it should become active again.

Problem: 'Can't find java directory'

Reason: Likely using an old version of java. Or the wrong type.

Solution: Try downloading the Java 7 version here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre-7u2-download-1377135.html

Also if you are using 64 bit windows try installing the 64 bit version then setting it as the default Java used in your controlpanel.

Problem: Norton deletes the file when I download it. citing "WS.Reputation.1

Reason: The program is new, without a large company behind it.

Solution: Get a new Virus scan Right click on the Norton security suite icon in the lower right hand corner near your clock, and disable the antivirus auto protect. just set it to turn on again in 15 minutes if you feel uncomfortable about it being off.

Problem: NEI won't let me cheat!

Reason: It is locked into recipe mode.

Solution: Well if you really want to cheat so badly you go into AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technicssp\config and find the NEI.cfg file(Note, NOT the mod_notenoughitems.cfg file) In there find a line that says

"lock_recipe_mode=true" and change it to

"lock_recipe_mode=false"

Problem: I can't turn off NEI(And a couple other mods) through modloader.cfg!

Reason: Those mods are not in the mods folder, so modloader doesn't have anything to do with them.

Solution: Sorry but, looks like you are going file hunting. If they are not in the mods folder that means they were hard added to the .jar meaning you will have to find out what classes they added and changed and revert them the hard way.

Problem: Ok, I tried everything, and the .exe still wont work!

Reason: Varies.

Solution: Well, if you can't get the technic-launcher.exe to work, download the .jar itself and run that through java. You can find it easily under the mac version of the technic pack. (Which is not mac specific, just a .jar.)

Problem: I am running the launcher, but every time I select Login it freezes at a white screen!

Reason: The "Latest Light Weight Java Games Library Binaries" option doesn't work for everyone.

Solution: Turn off advanced lwjgl.

Problem: The latest LWJGL binaries option wasn't on and I am still getting a white screen.

Reason: Varies.

Solution: First, try going to AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technicssp\bin and open the jinput.jar in 7zip. Delete Meta-INF. If that doesn't work nuke the .techniclauncher folder and re-download it.

More to come as more solutions are found.

• Answers 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Re: Common Problems (And their solutions)

Technic pack .jar starts up, but then never moves past the opening splash graphic. Here is the contents of the newest log file.

[15:38:13] [iNFO]  ------------------------------------------

[15:38:13] [iNFO]  Launcher is starting....

[15:38:13] [iNFO]  Launcher Build: 0.5.0

[15:38:14] [iNFO]  [info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from '[url]https://raw.github.com/TechnicPack/Technic/master/mirrors.yml[/url]'.

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]  java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\temp\mirrors.yml (The system cannot find the path specified)

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]   at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]   at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]   at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]   at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:52)

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]   at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadMirrorsYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:19)

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]   at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.updateMirrorsYMLCache(MirrorUtils.java:89)

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]   at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:333)

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]   at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:157)

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]  Exception in thread "main" 

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]  java.lang.NullPointerException

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]   at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:81)

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]   at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadMirrorsYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:19)

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]   at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.updateMirrorsYMLCache(MirrorUtils.java:89)

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]   at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:333)

[15:38:14] [sEVERE]   at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:157)

Anyone know what is up?

I had that problem too JD. The only way around it that I found is to download it through another computer, move all the files to the computer you use, and use the bin to launch it. I was having a mix of problems involving the launcher, so you may be able to use the launcher instead.

I Just Updated my Java, And I got this error.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at TechnicLauncher.Program.RunLauncher(String launcherPath)

at TechnicLauncher.Form1.DownloadStringCompleted(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)

what do you open the NEI.cfg with? i opened it with notepad and changed it true to false but i still cant spawn stuff :( please help

yup same problem here :s

I've tried to set "Cheat=true" but that change always to false after I strart the game :s

For the love of whatever personification of natural events you believe in. Read the fucking op! I am not going to answer questions in here because they shit up a thread that is for solutions. If you have a serious question, comment, bitch, gripe, or complaint about a solution, or think one is wrong PM me.

I have carefully read all the commonly asked questions, however none of them apply to those of us using a Mac. Would it be possible to post instructions on how to get NEI working on a Mac and how to get the "Mod Select" to work on a Mac?

RICON use this guide to set a default application to open .cfg files..

You'll find them in the .techniclauncher\technicssp\configs\ folder. assosciate it with soemthing like textedit.. and then the mod select button will work.

EDIT: Forgot the link http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2573/os_x_how_to_change_default_application_to_open_file_type/

I got this dont know why

Mods loaded: 51

ModLoader 1.1

mod_CARuins v2.3.0

mod_ModLoaderMp 1.0.0

mod_NotEnoughItems 1.1.1

mod_Somnia v19 [1.1.0]

mod_HangableMaps 1.1

mod_ReiMinimap v3.0_01 [1.1]

mod_IC2 v1.64

mod_RedPowerArray 2.0pr4d

mod_RedPowerCore 2.0pr4d

mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr4d

mod_RedPowerLogic 2.0pr4d

mod_RedPowerMachine 2.0pr4d

mod_RedPowerWiring 2.0pr4d

mod_RedPowerWorld 2.0pr4d

mod_Clevercraft 1.6.2

mod_ItemDescriptions 1.3

mod_EnderChest 1.0.1

mod_AdditionalBuildcraftObjects 0.9-63 (MC 1.1, BC 3.1.2)

mod_betterDungeons 0.91

mod_BuildCraftCore 3.1.3

mod_BuildCraftBuilders 3.1.3

mod_BuildCraftEnergy 3.1.3

mod_BuildCraftFactory 3.1.3

mod_BuildCraftTransport 3.1.3

mod_LogisticsPipes 0.1.8 (built with Minecraft 1.1.0, Buildcraft 3.1.2, Forge 1.3.1)

mod_BuildCraftSilicon 3.1.3

mod_zAdditionalPipes Rev34.0

mod_ComputerCraft 1.21

mod_EE Equivalent Exchange 6.0.0

mod_Forestry 1.3.2.1

mod_BuildCraftZFP (Forestry Package)

mod_IC2 v1.64

mod_InvTweaks 1.36 (1.1)

mod_MAtmos_forModLoader r10 for 1.1.x

mod_Millenaire 2.2

mod_mocreatures v3.2.2 (MC 1.1)

mod_IC2_ChargingBench 1.64-1

mod_tome 1.0.0

mod_xpbook 1.0.0

mod_RailcraftAutomation 3.2.1

mod_RailcraftBuildcraft 3.2.1

mod_RailcraftCore 3.2.1

mod_RailcraftExtras 3.2.1

mod_RailcraftFactory 3.2.1

mod_RailcraftInfrastructure 3.2.1

mod_RailcraftRails 3.2.1

mod_ThaumCraft 1.2

mod_treecapitator 1.1

Balkon's WeaponMod 1.1.0 v8.4.0 SMP Edition

mod_WirelessRedstone 1.5

Minecraft has crashed!

----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to [email protected].

Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 931a0923 --------

Generated 16-2-12 16:30

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.1

Java: 1.7.0_02, Oracle Corporation

VM: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: RADEON 9500 Pro x86/SSE2 version 2.0.5696 WinXP Release, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 249 is already occupied by ic2.common.BlockTex@ae8db4 when adding ic2.common.BlockTex@1d93e6a

at oe.<init>(Block.java:176)

at oe.<init>(Block.java:204)

at ic2.platform.BlockCommon.<init>(BlockCommon.java:12)

at ic2.common.BlockTex.<init>(BlockTex.java:30)

at mod_IC2.initialize(mod_IC2.java:238)

at ic2.platform.Ic2.load(Ic2.java:65)

at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:824)

at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)

at afq.<init>(afq.java:80)

at afq.<clinit>(afq.java:9)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:316)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I get the unable to Find Java Directory I know that this is answered in the OP but my problem is different. I have Windows 7 64bit but 64 bit java crashes minecraft on my computer and 32 bit gives me the unable to Find Java Directory error. Is there a way to make the Technic Launcher use the 32 bit java. BTW i have installed java 1.7.0_02 and http://pastebin.com/ZXSBFjW5 is my crash log from 64 bit java

So for everyone getting the block 249 ID conflict error, open your technicssp/mods, and check if you have two versions of industrialcraft. If you do, delete "industrialcraft-2-client_1.64.jar", not "[1]industrialcraft-2-client_1.64.jar".

Having the same problem as a few other members NEI is sticking in recipe mode and not allowing block spawn. Ive tried editing the NEI.cfg and as mentioned above it just reverts to false when i load it up. Any other solutions to this?