There is a new common problems thread

Zebrin

Question

Mod edit: This thread is being retired in favor of a new one. Thank you Zabrin for creating this one.

Please look at this thread for current information.

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,4191.0.html

IF THE LAUNCHER ACTUALLY LAUNCHES POST YOUR NEWEST LOG (the one called launcher_0.log) ON www.pastebin.com THEN THE LINK HERE. LOGS ARE FOUND IN .techniclauncher/logs

Ok, there have been a lot of people opening threads asking the same damn questions that have already been answered several times before. This thread is for the hotfixes and work arounds that have already been found. Do NOT ask questions here. They will only shit up the thread. If you do not see a fix here, and have one feel free to post it and PM me so that I can update the op. Anyone who does ask a question in this thread will be ignored at best.

Windows users: The Technic Pack is downloaded to C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher

It is a hidden file, so go to your Control Panel, select Folder Options, and in the view tab turn view hidden folders on.

Mac users. The Technic Pack is downloaded to ~/Library/Application Support/techniclauncher

Problem: When using the launcher, It opens, says "Checking Launcher Version" And then shuts down. Spout does not open afterwards.

Reason: Unknown.

Solution: Go to AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher and open the techniclauncher.jar file in java. It will open the launcher, and will let you play technic through spout.

Problem: Unable to change mods Using the Mod Select function.

Reason: Likely you don't have .cfg files set to be read yet.

Solution: go to AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technicssp\config and right click on any of the .cfg files there. click open with and set it to always run with notepad.(Macs use textedit) Now you can change mods within the launcher.

If the option is greyed out just click on the big technic logo and it should become active again.

Problem: 'Can't find java directory'

Reason: Likely using an old version of java. Or the wrong type.

Solution: Try downloading the Java 7 version here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre-7u2-download-1377135.html

Also if you are using 64 bit windows try installing the 64 bit version then setting it as the default Java used in your controlpanel.

Problem: Norton deletes the file when I download it. citing "WS.Reputation.1

Reason: The program is new, without a large company behind it.

Solution: Get a new Virus scan Right click on the Norton security suite icon in the lower right hand corner near your clock, and disable the antivirus auto protect. just set it to turn on again in 15 minutes if you feel uncomfortable about it being off.

Problem: NEI won't let me cheat!

Reason: It is locked into recipe mode.

Solution: Well if you really want to cheat so badly you go into AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technicssp\config and find the NEI.cfg file(Note, NOT the mod_notenoughitems.cfg file) In there find a line that says

"lock_recipe_mode=true" and change it to

"lock_recipe_mode=false"

Problem: I can't turn off NEI(And a couple other mods) through modloader.cfg!

Reason: Those mods are not in the mods folder, so modloader doesn't have anything to do with them.

Solution: Sorry but, looks like you are going file hunting. If they are not in the mods folder that means they were hard added to the .jar meaning you will have to find out what classes they added and changed and revert them the hard way.

Problem: Ok, I tried everything, and the .exe still wont work!

Reason: Varies.

Solution: Well, if you can't get the technic-launcher.exe to work, download the .jar itself and run that through java. You can find it easily under the mac version of the technic pack. (Which is not mac specific, just a .jar.)

Problem: I am running the launcher, but every time I select Login it freezes at a white screen!

Reason: The "Latest Light Weight Java Games Library Binaries" option doesn't work for everyone.

Solution: Turn off advanced lwjgl.

Problem: The latest LWJGL binaries option wasn't on and I am still getting a white screen.

Reason: Varies.

Solution: First, try going to AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technicssp\bin and open the jinput.jar in 7zip. Delete Meta-INF. If that doesn't work nuke the .techniclauncher folder and re-download it.

More to come as more solutions are found.

• Answers 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Re: Common Problems (And their solutions)

Actually i did find 1.1, but I am not going to manually install all the mods etc or whatever the other person suggests.

*snip* is version 1.1 of minecraft but i havent tried it.

MOD EDIT: Why are you throwing around links to Minecraft.jar? Why would you think this is a good idea? It is not a good idea, it is a very bad idea. Naughty naughty!

Update on above mod note: Because they asked for it and we wanted to get minecraft working again so they needed a previous version of minecraft.jar that they apparently couldnt find them self?

So how do you install mods and where do you put them?

The same way you normally install mods, except that anything that's supposed to go in minecraft.jar should go in modpack.jar.

They need to be installed into .techniclauncher, which is in the same place as .minecraft.

I cheated myself a monster spawner via NEI and it had absolutley nothing in it that I could see, when it landed in my inventory it gave me a saving chunks screen and then a blank white screen, plz help me it's my best world and I have a group of youtubers expecting me to email the map to them to check it out and consider using it for a lets play, I can email you the map if you want to fix it, or you can just tell me how to, i'm fine either way. ???

I cheated myself a monster spawner via NEI and it had absolutley nothing in it that I could see, when it landed in my inventory it gave me a saving chunks screen and then a blank white screen, plz help me it's my best world and I have a group of youtubers expecting me to email the map to them to check it out and consider using it for a lets play, I can email you the map if you want to fix it, or you can just tell me how to, i'm fine either way. ???

What made you think it was a good idea to be spawning in invisible mob spawners?

hi i need help with my technic launcher it refuse to install itself. i have degraded my minecraft to 1.1 and i download the client. it is downloading the files but when the install screen is supposed to come up it just stands technic launcher and nothing happens :( pls help me

its very enoying beause me and some friends wanna play this awsome modpack and i have fixed a server that works but now i cant play the actual game :(

i had this mod before then i removed it but im hunger for more science :D

hi i need help with my technic launcher it refuse to install itself. i have degraded my minecraft to 1.1 and i download the client. it is downloading the files but when the install screen is supposed to come up it just stands technic launcher and nothing happens :( pls help me

its very enoying beause me and some friends wanna play this awsome modpack and i have fixed a server that works but now i cant play the actual game :(

i had this mod before then i removed it but im hunger for more science :D

There is no installer anymore there is just the launcher! So You don't have to upgrade your minecraft.

And could you go to your appdata/roaming/.techniclauncher/logs folder and upload the newest log to pastebin ??? ? It should end in a "_0" (Without Quotes). If you don't know how to get to appdata/roaming just go to run (Win key + R) and type %appdata%" (without the quotes)

Ok yet another annoying problem for you to solve. I have gone over all the help sheets ect and I still cannot find a way to solve this one.

Here is the log file http://pastebin.com/LWzpe1DS

Any ways I have downloaded the .exe file from your website then I install it, right after it finishes checking version and everything it brings up the Technic Launcher Scree splash and freezes there and I can't even close it. I have to go into task manager to do that.

Anyways I have tried clearing cache and restarting. All the obvious.

Any help would be great.

Ok yet another annoying problem for you to solve. I have gone over all the help sheets ect and I still cannot find a way to solve this one.

Here is the log file http://pastebin.com/LWzpe1DS

Any ways I have downloaded the .exe file from your website then I install it, right after it finishes checking version and everything it brings up the Technic Launcher Scree splash and freezes there and I can't even close it. I have to go into task manager to do that.

Anyways I have tried clearing cache and restarting. All the obvious.

Any help would be great.

This is sort of reaching, but try opening a Command Prompt and typing in "ipconfig /flushdns". You'll need admin permissions.

I have been trying to download the launcher for on and off for about a week now and i have finally had enough and cant take it anymore and must post a question (because i have been looking around and trying things but they aren't working so i came back here to post this question.

*So far i have tried*

- Installing Java 64-bit

- Installing the Launcher JAR/EXE (0.5.4.6)

- Went to %appdata%/.techniclauncher and open the JAR file which also instantly crashed with what looked like a Command Prompt screen for 1/2 a second

Again if it wasn't clear above i click the link it opens a lil window goes to about 100% then instantly vanishes

Please Help

P.S. Thank You in advance

Also started a thread at http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php?topic=3277.0

Will be watching both.

I have been trying to download the launcher for on and off for about a week now and i have finally had enough and cant take it anymore and must post a question (because i have been looking around and trying things but they aren't working so i came back here to post this question.

*So far i have tried*

- Installing Java 64-bit

- Installing the Launcher JAR/EXE (0.5.4.6)

- Went to %appdata%/.techniclauncher and open the JAR file which also instantly crashed with what looked like a Command Prompt screen for 1/2 a second

-snip-

What is you computer's specifications?

And could you please go to the logs folder in .techniclauncher and post the newest log (it should be: launcher_0) to http://www.Pastebin.com?

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Java 7 update 3 (64-bit)

Anitvirius: N/A

And i cant find any logs

I have no idea what your problem could be. A guess? Try right clicking the launcher and running it as administrator. I'm on a mac right now but I remember seeing that option windows side. The problem could be permissions. Otherwise it sounds exactly like a Java error, but without logs or more info I can't say for sure.

So i've been having the same problem as someone else who's name i can't remember. When i open the launcher, i can log in just fine, but when it starts to launch minecraft it freezes on the Mojang logo splash screen (Well that's what my poor english tells me it's called. It's this - http://bit.ly/xHXi7M), then shuts down.

I don't know if that's the mojang logo problem that is spoken of in the original post here, but logging in doesn't seem to be the problem, i have legally bought the game and can log in on that.

When it closes down it leaves a notepad file. Here is a link to what it says if you're interested: http://pastebin.com/i92EU4FE

I also have a log if that helps: http://pastebin.com/XSYFn7w0

A little bit of info:

- I use Windows 7 64bit

- 64bit Java - Updated it in the process of trying to fix this with the links from here.

- Antivirus: I had both AVG and McAfee - Uninstalled both though in the process of trying to fix this, my AVG was messed up in like 3 different way (not litterally).

Help, please?

Can you please help me fix this problem.

When I click on the technic launcher I get something called a .NET Framework Installation Error

Which says Unable to find a version of runtime to run this application

PLEASE HELP :'(

i get the same thing please help!