Modpack is going to vanilla.

Endus322

Hello. I am currently working on a modpack for my friend and I, but I keep having troubles. Installing takes a while, but once I press play, it brings me to vanilla. I am using media fire to upload it. I believe its something to do with the forge, since it doesn't show up in the menu.

Modpack Page: Modpack

Modpack Download: Download

Please tell me if I have done something wrong.

Thanks,

Endus322

Edited by Endus322

don't use media fire to upload it. Use dropbox and change the shared link from

The only difference is the "1" at the end of the link. It does not need to be in the public folder. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhnhtp3dycq02gy/modpack.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhnhtp3dycq02gy/modpack.zip?dl=1

while your mods folder appears to be ok, your flan's folder is filled with junk, such as forge installer.

The only thing that goes into the flan's folder is flan's mods or content packs as such. Flan's folder is where you put flan's mods, nothing else goes in there. do not put flan's mods into the mods folder. The only flan's mod that goes into the mods folder is the original flan's mod.

Since it's a 1.7.10 modpack, nothing should go into the coremods folder. All the mods go into the mods folder, core and normal. Exception would be like flan's mod.

I tried to install elementia modpack but received an error message. Use dropbox instead

1 hour ago, Badcholo said:

don't use media fire to upload it. Use dropbox and change the shared link from

The only difference is the "1" at the end of the link. It does not need to be in the public folder. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhnhtp3dycq02gy/modpack.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhnhtp3dycq02gy/modpack.zip?dl=1

while your mods folder appears to be ok, your flan's folder is filled with junk, such as forge installer.

The only thing that goes into the flan's folder is flan's mods or content packs as such. Flan's folder is where you put flan's mods, nothing else goes in there. do not put flan's mods into the mods folder. The only flan's mod that goes into the mods folder is the original flan's mod.

Since it's a 1.7.10 modpack, nothing should go into the coremods folder. All the mods go into the mods folder, core and normal. Exception would be like flan's mod.

I tried to install elementia modpack but received an error message. Use dropbox instead

I had tried Dropbox before but it still was vanilla. I'll get the new links as soon as I can and move the core mods / remove excess items in the flan folder. Also, what was the error message?

Edited by Endus322

• Discord Moderator
  • Your file name has a ".rar" extension even though it is in ZIP format. While this won't prevent the Launcher from extracting the archive it is a good practice to make the file extension match the file format.
  • Many (most?) of your mods are very old. You should bet getting your mods from the mod authors' distribution channels, not from random third party websites. Almost every mod you currently have with a file name in the format of "ModName-Mod-1.7.10.jar" is not from a legitimate source. Most of the mod versions you have included contain known, critical bugs.
  • You should be including a full compliment of config files in your modpack archive.

Show or hide file name extensions

Windows 7 A file name extension is a set of characters added to the end of a file name that determine which program should open it. For more information, see File names and file name extensions: frequently asked questions.Windows hides file name extensions, but you can choose to make them visible.

To show or hide file name extensions

1. Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.

2. Click the View tab, and then, under Advanced settings, do one of the following:

• To show file name extensions, clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.

• To hide file name extensions, select the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.

Edited by Badcholo