Mod Help

Awesomized1

As far as detecting an item, you could set up the insertion system with redpower tubes, with a filter that only allows your 'key' item through. When the key item goes through, I think you might have to switch to buildcraft pipes and use the one that sends out a signal when an item passes through it. The signal could be hooked to a toggle switch with the timer and counter setup like freakachu suggested. Maybe there's a way to do detect items with strictly redpower tubes, but I'm not entirely sure.

As far as detecting an item, you could set up the insertion system with redpower tubes, with a filter that only allows your 'key' item through. When the key item goes through, I think you might have to switch to buildcraft pipes and use the one that sends out a signal when an item passes through it. The signal could be hooked to a toggle switch with the timer and counter setup like freakachu suggested. Maybe there's a way to do detect items with strictly redpower tubes, but I'm not entirely sure.

You don't have to switch to those pipes, you can also use an item detector