UberLagzors

cager24

Question

I recently downloaded tekkit for playing with peeps in my internal network (here at my house all on the same connection). I got everything working but about 30 seconds after I join I start lagging; its not the typical lag, its unique. Everything that happens on my screen reverts back like 15 seconds, so everything I was doing erases and restarts. I'm seeing everything I did 15 seconds ago AND ITS PISSING ME OFFF!!!! >:( anyhoots, can someone help meh. :'(

5 answers to this question

We really cant. We've got absolutely nothing to go on. It could even just be your net connection. If you want you can just fill this thread with as much information as you can find and someone might find a problem in it somewhere but your issue is just so vague. Are you just using standard tekkit, or are other mods involved?

Okay, these are my thoughts.

Do you have it running through an internal network that is not connected to the internet? it could be that the person hosting the server is torrenting or doing something else (like League of Legends).

Are you OP? you could be working too close to the spawn.

Who's hosting and how much ram do they have? you might try feeding it more ram. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, RAM FOR THE RAM GOD.

Well I left the IP field blank in the server settings(it lagged); then I typed it in and had the same laggy results. I thought it had something to do with the IP settings, maybe not. When I was connecting to the server I typed LOCALHOST into the ip field and I had no problem connecting(nor did anyone else),

I also just typed in the actual ip [000.000.0.0:25565].

I was inquiring how bukkit worked cause I'm completely new to it; Was just wondering if there was more to it than what I had originally conceived: I downloaded the server and client, unzipped, ran both with a fresh .minecraft folder(had to downgrade from 1.1), and I tweaked the server settings a bit (just standard shtuff), than I ran the server and everything seemed fine Till I started lagging. My system isnt the problem nor my connection, probably has something to do with the bukkitstuff.

:(

If you really want the problem solved, I would have seen tech specs by now (such as RAM, CPU, any Routers / network specs). So for now it's storytime:

Usually I find my server does the "LOL i unbroke all your blocks for you!" when one of my roommates starts watching hulu or doing something network intensive, like downloading 4TB of meme images (My lawyer says I have to say all of our activities are legal). But that only happens to me, connected to a server run on the same computer through Hamachi, I don't get jerky movements. Other people connected outside experience lag (the kind that apparently causes jerky movements & unbreaking blocks), and people connected on the same network experience just unbreaking blocks. I can usually host 5 people (including myself, with render distance on "far") with 8GB RAM no problem and i5-2400K Sandy Sandwhich intel chip. Our router is a Linksys model WRT54GS and we have high speed internet due to proximity to a university (would have fiber optic for the entire city but politicians happened).