making your own mystcraft ages...

Lothos

I wanted to get some ideas and insight into how folks write up their own descriptive books for using Mystcraft. Mainly to see what folks target for a particular reason in particular ages and their choices of symbols.

The present age I am exploiting I wrote with:

flat

plains, desert

star fissure ( for exit purposes)

ravines ( for getting to the lower levels fast )

bright ( so I wouldn't need torches )

eternal day ( same )

no weather ( storms = lag )

flat ( reduces mobs on the surface generally and I wanted chickens and animals.)

dense ores 33x ( i wants the minerals )

and then added by the mod:

single biome

I am presently building my reed farm and sorting warehouse so I am in need of lots of iron and ores. I make plains/flat ages for farming chickens for feathers and horses/cows for leather when i need them. I don't have a reliable method for producing an age ideal for squids though. If I try I always end up with dolphins/rays only. Wood tendril ages are great for wood. I do forest/standard to hunt silverwood trees for transplant.

Other thoughts?

• 1 month later...

If its ores you need, I generally build my age as follows;

dense ores (Obvious reasons)

charge (I'm not exactly sure how this works, but I never get mining fatigue or nausea)

charge

charge

charge

Then I let the world generate however it wants. I have a nanosuit armor so I'm almost never affected by the sun that lights you on fire or those debuffs. If you don't have good armor only bring 1 pick axe, a water bucket and a linking book so you can get back to the overworld. Now mine straight down the moment you get into that dimension once you get 3 blocks down place a block above you to prevent the sun from lighting you on fire and place the water bucket down to extinguish you if you are on fire. Dig to layer 6 and then just dig in a straight line. The dense ores makes all ores more common and you find them in larger groups. I personally have found around 52 diamonds in one vein. I usually haul 2-3 stacks to the overworld before the age becomes unusable. Your demand for books will increase and you can simply use your other farming ages to make more books and repeat the process. This is a good way to rack up your ores and move forward in industrial craft and build craft.

On a side note, always pick your own biome controller. I noticed above that you have 2 biomes (Plains and desert) and the controller was set to single biome. This normally leads to unstable ages. To avoid this, simply add the medium biomes controller and you should be golden.

I also have visited about 250-300 ages unlocking all the different parameters you can add to your ages.

some of the farming ones I use are

Glowstone crystals in the plains (prevents nether travel)

Wooden tendrils (free wood everywhere)

Flat plains (animal and agriculture)

I hope this helps you in your endeavors into the vast unknown ages. Remember to always bring a linking book.

from what i understand certain symbols add instability if there is to many of these symbols the age is unstable

charged is one of the symbols that adds stablity regardless so it off sets the dense ores you get,

think he put this in so you can't make "dream ages" anymore...

I generally try to fill in parameters with as many "Normal" parameters as possible, while only isolating the ones that you want to add to avoid the generator adding instability causing attributes to my age.

For example. If i want to use the world for mining, I'll generally have everything set to a normal vanilla parameter, and then only add dense ores in. This still adds some unavoidable corruption, but 8 times out of 10 its nothing game breaking and you can mine in it.

I've been quite partial to making worlds with eternal nights turned on in an ocean biome and I have all parameters for things like caves and stuff turned off. It isn't the perfect mob grinder realm, but its much easier then filling in every cave in a 500 block radius to get a good spawn rate going.

I've been quite partial to making worlds with eternal nights turned on in an ocean biome and I have all parameters for things like caves and stuff turned off. It isn't the perfect mob grinder realm, but its much easier then filling in every cave in a 500 block radius to get a good spawn rate going.

Or, you know, you could just create a void age. Or was that removed in the newer versions. Void age is still useable at least in Tekkit C and Technic 1.2.5.

Or, you know, you could just create a void age. Or was that removed in the newer versions. Void age is still useable at least in Tekkit C and Technic 1.2.5.

Hmm. I do believe I have the option to create a void. I never thought about that before. Voids make me a little nervous but there is definitely no better age to make a mob grinder in. Thank you sir. I appreciate the feedback, this is very helpful to me! *Nukes current grinder*

Hmm. I do believe I have the option to create a void. I never thought about that before. Voids make me a little nervous but there is definitely no better age to make a mob grinder in. Thank you sir. I appreciate the feedback, this is very helpful to me! *Nukes current grinder*

if you want a world with dense ores and have to be stable then i would say put in some charged symbols

Writing Tweaks:

Increases instability added by Dense Ores

Accelerated now adds instability

Makes the following symbols add instability when stacked above certain thresholds: Villages, Strongholds, Obelisks, Mineshafts, Glowstone Crystals, Wooden Tendrils, Dungeons, and Crystals

Adds symbol for meteors

Meteors symbol adds stability

Adds symbol for explosions

Explosions symbol adds stability

Charged symbol adds stability

that is from xcompwiz's changelog :)