Help please?

SPYROHAWK

Ok! So I am sorry if this is in the wrong section, it's my first time posting here. I just made my first modpack and I tried by myself and failed. Nothing worked. So I tried with a tutorial and everything worked fine until I logged in. The world was just vanilla. Could someone help me?

So this is the modpack zip folder.

Capture1.PNG.b591a664045c3f67758ec52f48c

You open it up to see these three folder:

Capture2.PNG.ebef2e3cd0f92b589c740385b91

The config folder is empty.

The mods folder:

Capture4.PNG.83225025e1ea0464323c58e5ff9

And lastly the bin folder:

Capture3.PNG.12f54f4364ee4721165b737d961

Which is the universal forge thing renamed.

So I have also installed the other normal forge thing that the tutorial said I had to install btw.

Anyway, I have legit no idea what the problem is. If anyone knows of could help, I would be very grateful!

Thank you!

Al SImula

SPYROHAWK

• Discord Moderator
  • Always provide the API URL or a link to the pack's platform page when requesting custom modpack assistance.
  • I would recommend building your pack in a test environment such as the BareBonesPack. This will let you debug your pack as well as fine tune the config files before building your modpack archive.
  • Are you sure you do not want to include Not Enough Items? Working with the mod item and block recipes without some in-game GUI help can be quite frustrating.

9 hours ago, plowmanplow said:
  • Always provide the API URL or a link to the pack's platform page when requesting custom modpack assistance.
  • I would recommend building your pack in a test environment such as the BareBonesPack. This will let you debug your pack as well as fine tune the config files before building your modpack archive.
  • Are you sure you do not want to include Not Enough Items? Working with the mod item and block recipes without some in-game GUI help can be quite frustrating.

1) http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/1710-sw-modpack-100

That should be the API URL.

2) Will try

3) I guess I forgot. I wanted to add more mods (such as that) once I know things work

• Discord Moderator
  • Dropbox public links should be altered in this fashion: Change "www" to "dl". Change "dropbox" to "dropboxusercontent". Remove any trailing "?dl=0" or "?dl=1" (including the question mark).
  • The contents of your modpack are in a subfolder. The three required folders (/bin/, /config/, /mods/) must be at the top level of the folder structure inside the modpack archive.
  • Your modpack contains too many files/folders. It should only contain the folders /bin/, /config/, /mods/. Additionally, the /bin/ folder should only contain the file "modpack.jar".
  • You are using a very old version of Forge. You should be using #1614.
  • You should not be including the root level file named "options.txt". This will overwrite all client settings every time the modpack is updated.

On April 20, 2016 at 5:51 PM, plowmanplow said:
  • Dropbox public links should be altered in this fashion: Change "www" to "dl". Change "dropbox" to "dropboxusercontent". Remove any trailing "?dl=0" or "?dl=1" (including the question mark).
  • The contents of your modpack are in a subfolder. The three required folders (/bin/, /config/, /mods/) must be at the top level of the folder structure inside the modpack archive.
  • Your modpack contains too many files/folders. It should only contain the folders /bin/, /config/, /mods/. Additionally, the /bin/ folder should only contain the file "modpack.jar".
  • You are using a very old version of Forge. You should be using #1614.
  • You should not be including the root level file named "options.txt". This will overwrite all client settings every time the modpack is updated.

Ok so as of yesterday I finally got it to work. I used your barebones pack for my base and worked from there. Thank you for all your help!

(and about Dropbox you don't need to remove the whole thing, you just need to change the 0 to a 1)

• Discord Moderator

There is often a large gap between what one "can" do and what one "should" do. In this case, yes, it is functional to simply change the "dl=0" to "dl=1". However, just because this works does not make it "correct". My guidance on how to alter the link is the proper and only procedure to make the URL truly direct. This means that with the method I described the web server/host will respond with an HTTP/1.1 200 OK. If you only change the value of the "dl" parameter, the web server will respond with a HTTP/1.1 302 which will redirect the client to the URL which I suggested should be used in the first place.

Please do not spread misinformation.