Launcher Won't Launch Any Modpacks

OgE_Twitch

Question

So I had the technic launcher in the past, for about 3 or 4 years, and I would play it a lot on and off. I stopped playing it for a while and my computer auto updated to windows 10. When it did I felt the urge to play tekkit classic, so i start up the launcher and proceed to try and launch tekkit classic. When i got to the modpacks tab and pressed play on tekkit classic the launcher loaded and downloaded everything it needed to like normal, but after it was done downloading and installing everything the launcher disappeared as if the game was starting up but after a split second the launcher popped back up and never started the game. I tried downgrading my laptop back down to windows 8 to see if that helped but it didnt, so i let it upgrade back to 10 and then I tried deleting everything in the technic folders and re installing technic but that did help either.

I copied the log but have no idea what any of it means, if someone could help it would be very much appreciated. 

http://pastebin.com/LizxRivp

3 answers to this question

You have an environment variable in your system limiting java to use only 512MB ram

[B#347] 2016/05/03 15:09:22 [INFO]  Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M

Remove it and try it again, and remember java 8, Intel and windows 10 don't play along so this could be only step one on your way to fix all this.

Press WinKey + Pause/Break, then go to Advanced system settings and Environment Variables, remove the _JAVA_OPTIONS variable from both user and system list. Restart your pc.

If this happens to be too complex for you, or if you cannot seem to find the variable, use this .bat file to clear the env. variable:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/96563656271093760/166334782450565121/clearJavaEnvVars.bat

(To bochen: This is exactly the same file as used to be available on iamtrue (khionu), but due to the site being offline, this is the backup link.)

3 hours ago, bochen415 said:

You have an environment variable in your system limiting java to use only 512MB ram

[B#347] 2016/05/03 15:09:22 [INFO]  Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M

Remove it and try it again, and remember java 8, Intel and windows 10 don't play along so this could be only step one on your way to fix all this.

Press WinKey + Pause/Break, then go to Advanced system settings and Environment Variables, remove the _JAVA_OPTIONS variable from both user and system list. Restart your pc.

Many thank! It worked right after i did what you said! Thank you so much!