Scaling down power for machines?

Jekanl

So I recently got a geothermal mk2 up and running, and since the MFE puts out 128 Eu/T, I needed some stronger cable. I made 2x insul iron, and attached it to the geotherm, and it attached to the machines OK, but as soon as I tried to put something in the extractor it disappeared. I didn't get an explosion sound or the stuff inside back, so I'm not sure if it exploded or not.

Do I need to somehow scale down the power for low-tier machines?

As an alternative to using a LV transformer, most machines will take a Transformer Upgrade which will allow them to make use of higher voltage input and run faster. 1 upgrade for MV, 2 for HV. Definately replace that HV wire with gold though, or diamond if you are rich :P The HV has terrible energy loss.

I discourage use of transformer upgrades in tekkit, becasue someone can steal your upgrades, which will result in your machines blowing up. however, breaking actual transformer blocks is usually considered greifing.

I discourage use of transformer upgrades in tekkit, becasue someone can steal your upgrades, which will result in your machines blowing up. however, breaking actual transformer blocks is usually considered greifing.

Ha, that didn't even occur to me, thats jacked up. I only play with my wife and close friends on our private server so that isn't an issue for us hehe :)