Unable to launch

Diddums

Question

Launcher Version: 3.1.3

Operating System: Win 7 64 bit

Java Version: Version 7 Update 9

Antivirus Program: N/A

Description of Problem:

I'm probably just retarded, but I seem to have messed something up in the updating process. I've deleted all the Appdata folders for both MC and Tekkit and reinstalled the lot. Did the same with Java, fresh install of that too. Tried running it as Admin, still nothing.

Nothing seems to help, if I've posted this wrong please accept my apologies, this is driving me slightly nuts.

Error Messages:

"could not load c:\xxx\appdata" etc etc. Click here:

Then an error message stating that the launcher is unable to edit the registry, like this:

Error Log:

Launcher doesn't get that far.

Download the .jar launcher

Open the directory its saved too

Hold shift and then right click

Choose "open command window" or something similar

Run the command-

"path to java.exe" -jar technic-launcher-latest.jar

or whatever the jar launcher is saved as

You must include the "" on javas path as it will take the space in "progran files" at 2 seperate commands

Paste all output here

Or you could right click the .jar and click Open with... Java

But that is quite complicated ;)

Right, update time.

First and foremost, thanks a ton to all those that helped out, it's greatly appreciated.

Secondly, it wasn't Java, it wasn't the launcher or Minecraft. It was a registry that's been so corroded and corrupted over time that even though I'm the admin on the PC, the launcher wasn't being given admin rights. Not sure of the specific problem, but I did a clean install of Windows and it's working again.

Thanks once again folks, and sorry that I can't contribute more than "clean install" as I have no idea how these things work really.

Hello. My Techniclauncher did work yesterday, but today it says that its harmful file? What to do, because i want to play it !

You could start by making your own bug report instead of posting in someone else's.