Request for MultiCore support! WE NEEDZ IT!!!

guys calm down its simple dont run your servers on windows.

please wait for my turtorial on building a server for tekkit or any other minecraft server, there is a way around and its simple, i will be writing this tomorrow in the Tekkit forums, i will even write all the commands you need,

for java install and everything else, plus a simple way to grab your files and run backups the lot.

Windows is not a bad OS, its a better option then mac due to the fact it runs everything and you can run things how you like and do what you want your way but that can get some people into trouble, but running a server on windows even Windows Server 2010 ect is not the best option.

1. windows like many other desktop OS, have limits, one of those limits is concurrent connections, you may know if your a torrentor about this, but even if you use the modded TCP/IP.Sys file there is still a limit and this will slow down your network traffic, "M$ used this tactic to slow the spreed of network virus that can flood a network with its spawn.

2. Windows can do multi-threaded or multi-core or even some versions do physical multi-processors , with multi-core how ever its not built with that in mind so the manager or kernal is not efficiant.

3. The file System is well not the best but gets the job done NTFS is a good file system but it has its flaws especially with running anything to do with servers.

3. what is the difference between a server and desktop ? simple a server is built to have large bandwidth and to be able to multi-task, where your desktop is really made for the user, that is not to say you cant use a desktop as a server, but will not be as good as a nice serverboard with the host controllers and extra lanes to handle more bandwidth, second thing is servers are built to crunch numbers, your desktop is built for this too , but it does different number crunching i.e your GPU would do nothing for a server. well at leased for most types.

the final thing is network cards, or even onboard network chips. if you have a desktop board, use a network card you will find that will be better and less load on your system.

software side, a true server OS is not pretty, it not have a gui, *desktop* you will be shocked at how much power that takes from your cpu , even with a graphics card, and ram it uses.

So please wait till tomorrow for my tut on Tekkit server, i will do my best to explain and help all of you guys out, plus show you some solutions i have for minecraft and tekkit.

My server Spec. Intel 2600CP2 Motherboard, Dual I3 Network card, Dual Xeon E5-2620 "6 core per cpu" 64GB Quad Kit ECC 1600Mhz ram per cpu. = 24 threads for tekkit to rape.

HOST OS Vmware ESX 5.0 build 623860

Guest OS for Tekkit Server, Ubuntu Server 64bit 10.x

Sun Java 7.xx 64bit!

but with all that the lag for me is my Internet Connection in Australia ATM. getting Midband Ethernet 100mb 1:1 soon. :D

so guys please wait for my tutorial on Tekkit Server Install, i will try my best to get you from no server to Real Server status, that will take over the world hahahahahahaha.....

plus i will even add, data to show the difference between a Windows gui vs a linux Console server, plus how vmware ESX will let even minecraft use all the threads you can afford to give.

PS yes Vmware is something you buy but i can give you guys a link that will get you the educational version for FREEEEEEE. Provided you not make money using there software they not really mind.

In short, there is a way around anything, just got to know the tricks.

if you read what i was saying i said you can use a desktop, but just not rely on the built in network chip, and not run on windows, especially if you want to use all your cores.

its all about configuration, if you want a server then build it like a server using server software and server config, if you want some laggy server then put minecraft on your desktop computer that you use to play minecraft at same time thats not a server.

Sorry. Your post isn't very clear what you intend to do. It could be taken that:

1. You will teach people how to set up an actual server machine to use tekkit

2. You will teach people how to install a new OS on their personal computer and then how to use tekkit with it

3. You will teach people how to run Ubuntu in a virtual machine perhaps?

I personally host a server for 2-4 people at a time and even play tekkit on the same machine (on windows) and nobody has complained about lag. I wish you good luck on the tutorial. Many people who post here looking to set up servers are not very computer savvy.

Oh I wasn't doubting that it wasn't using the card, nVidia cards need a setting that needs to be modifyed to work with MultiCore Optifine

That could be the problem. Which option is this, or are you saying that it should have one?

thats the thing you think too ridgid, when i post my tut all will be clear.

good for you. but many people want to learn, and i will simply teach people who do not have detailed info about running a server too many people like your self think of a server as a dead wait or something that will only do the one thing.

My server is for my company as well as my email , media server , file server , web server, and minecraft server, Ts3 server. thus i have spent big bucks, on my hardware, but i will teach people how to utilise what they got to get the full use out of it.

you know multi-player is ment for more then 2-4 people!! so realistically you not host a server.

"no offence" but it is a fact this tutorial is for people who want to host for say a community well at leased more then 4 people.

Most of all this guys post was regarding Servers.

i will not reply back as i will be spending my free time writing this tutorial for people who wish to learn how to do a semi professional job out of what hardware they have or could get easly, software is another story but anyone has the power to get software.

thats the thing you think too ridgid, when i post my tut all will be clear.

good for you. but many people want to learn, and i will simply teach people who do not have detailed info about running a server too many people like your self think of a server as a dead wait or something that will only do the one thing.

My server is for my company as well as my email , media server , file server , web server, and minecraft server, Ts3 server. thus i have spent big bucks, on my hardware, but i will teach people how to utilise what they got to get the full use out of it.

you know multi-player is ment for more then 2-4 people!! so realistically you not host a server.

"no offence" but it is a fact this tutorial is for people who want to host for say a community well at leased more then 4 people.

Most of all this guys post was regarding Servers.

i will not reply back as i will be spending my free time writing this tutorial for people who wish to learn how to do a semi professional job out of what hardware they have or could get easly, software is another story but anyone has the power to get software.

You might be trying to be professional, but in all honestly, your writing is terrible and I'm actually having a very tough time understand what you are trying to convey.

That could be the problem. Which option is this, or are you saying that it should have one?

Sorry for the slow reply, I only just got around to Optifine MC just now myself.

Here's a screenshot to sum it up.

nvidiamulticoreoptifine.png

i never said i was a english professional but I.T is my profession and no the original post was not about that LOL but nice try its good to see that some people look at the settings like GPU settings and such as most people just run defaults, there is another tweak you can do if for running the game "not Servers and servers don't use a GPU's" CPU parking google it, it might help some people who have more then 4 cores, but honestly running a MC or any server you have to use linux for best resaults, the difference between running a windows server vs a linux server is not only a small gap its huge.

but yes sorry for my english it was never my strong suit and i never intend it to be.

Servers.jpg

This is my server viewed via vsphere Client, as you can see i have a few servers running but be assured tekkit or even MC does run on multi-cores and this is done via a Hypervisor, and that handles programs or even OS to take advantage and even use better functions of having multi-cores and cpu's this is the best way of running any server by utilising the Hypervisor.

In short the Hypervisor stacks your cores on top of each other so for example you have say 6 cores and two proc's and have HT enabled that would mean you have access to 24 threads 12 on each physical cpu, running at 3.2ghz thats 288Ghz in your resource pool, the hypervisor will give this resource pool to who ever asks for it first.

My Tekkit server will use 1.8ghz to 2ghz out of the resource pool and the Hypervisor will give what ever task to the first free thread out of your 288Ghz pool, the HT cores will work as they normaly do if there is free resources from the physical cores that the cpu is not using it will state free and wait for a thread.

Please guys i will give a video on youtube soon on how to setup a server like this and even show you how to give other uses for your tekkit server such as teamspeak3 and file server firewall all on a physical machine with out lag.