(SOLVED)

ks7

Question

Hey guys, I've tried searching the forums, but so far I've been unsuccessful in finding any solutions. I'm running Technic on Windows 7 x64, and I'm using Java 7. I'm having no trouble running 6.0.7, but when I try to run 6.1.0, the game crashes immediately after the Mojang screen.

I'm also trying to get a server on my other computer running, and so far it seems like it's working. The problem is that when I try to join using the 6.0.7 client (while running the 2.0 server), I get an error message saying that I am missing mods. I saw that a lot of people were getting the same error and solved it by downloading JRE 7, but even after downloading it, I still get the error when trying to join.

Any ideas/ solutions towards either of these problems would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Edit: I've tried joining other servers as well using 6.0.7, and I get the same error involving missing mods.

5 answers to this question

Re: Problems starting 6.1.0 and joining server.

Hey guys, I've tried searching the forums, but so far I've been unsuccessful in finding any solutions. I'm running Technic on Windows 7 x64, and I'm using Java 7. I'm having no trouble running 6.0.7, but when I try to run 6.1.0, the game crashes immediately after the Mojang screen.

How hard did you search? Might help if you were in the right place. (You're in the Tekkit SMP Bug Board, not Technic SSP.)

If you had searched there then you'd see that the latest build appears to be FUBAR. With Technic selected in your launcher hit Options > Manual Build Selection > 6.0.7|1.1|Rec. Build

The problem is that when I try to join using the 6.0.7 client (while running the 2.0 server)

You're launching Technic SSP in your client and not Tekkit SMP. (Current Version of Tekkit SMP is 2.1.0) So that problem is easy enough, launch TEKKIT, not TECHNIC.

Also with Tekkit selected in your launcher hit Options > Manual Build Selection > 2.1.0|1.1|Latest.

Should fix both of your problems.

Here's a handy little guide.

WruGp.jpg

Oh my god, I'm retarded... I've spent the last 2 hours checking drives, Java versions, configuration files, etc...

I was completely confused and thought that by "CLIENT IS DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE LAUNCHER", it meant that you use Technic to enter into SMP... feel free to delete this post (or save it to forever remember my colossal levels of failure :) )

Yeah, that's the one redeeming thing about this. I mean I had been going through and checking everything I could think of, and it came down to me being completely oblivious to one INCREDIBLY basic setting. It's even more sad because I had no problems getting my original server (with Buildcraft, Railcraft, Forestry, and ComputerCraft) to work, yet I couldn't get a prepackaged, no setup required mod pack to work :P.

I'm just glad to finally be able to enjoy my server now :).