Is there a way to have equivalent exchange without making the game too easy?

Mattzap

Hi everyone, I'm new to tekkit and I'm going to start hosting a server for my friends later today. I'm not sure what to think about the equivalent exchange as it seems to provide a lot shortcuts. Programming robots to mine for you and having to extract oil to get emc seems fun, but that seems useless if you can just make a farm. Is there any way to have Equivalent Exchange while making sure that people can't just abuse it in this way? Perhaps something like a demand/supply economy mod that would make cobblestone and milk and all the other things worth less as more is sold? Or disabling things that would make these farms imposible to make? Although I have a feeling this would disable features that would be useful in other settings.

Any ideas?

I've decided to disable the mod for now. If I disable it, is it normal that I still see EMC values on some stuff? I moved the mod file somewhere else so I can put it back if I feel like it, but I'm not sure if it's fully disabled.

I think the EMC values come from Not Enough Items, the thing that shows you the item list with recipes, and not from EE itself. You should be able to disable it in the NEI options menu.

Double-check that you can't use EE items if you're unsure that you've disabled the mod. I don't know if removing the mod file is the right way to do it, you can disable the items by opening "mod_EE" in notepad (located in your main server folder because EE is a hipster like that), scrolling all the way down and replacing the 1:s with 0:es (those that say "allowchests, allowpedestals etc.)

Removing EE2 from the server doesn't remove it from the clients, so they'll still see all the blocks, items, and EMC values. You just can't create or place those things in the world, because to the server you're client is speaking ancient greek when it queries about EE2 stuff.

So yes, it's perfectly normal. Just make sure everyone knows NEI will have a lot of items they may want to play with but the server doesn't know about.