Server Set-up Assistance

I have just recently decided to make a server for me and my firends on Tekkit, however, i always seem to have a problem with connecting to the server:

I have set everything up in terms of downlaoding the latest server folder, making the server, and launching it, however, when i connect to it to see how it looks i get a list of mods i'm missing:

IC2 1.103

ComputerCraft 1.41

CCturtle 1.41

Railcraft 5.4.7

I have tried to up-date the mods now, but when i do, the tekkit will always crash (i up-date them by deleting the old, and pasting in the new version of the mod), so the questions are:

1. Where can i find these mods and their versions needed?

2. How do i up-date these mods (I'm not good at this sort of thing, so step-by-step would be useful)

3. How do i have my friends join me on the server?

OK, i now have everything ready, now to just port forward:

According my friends father (more of a computer genius then me, has suggested that i use puTTy (SSH), however, I'm not sure how to set it up correctly. Does anyone know how? (Need to know if I'm putting the right numbers in)

If you're using Hamachi, no need to port forward. But if you don't use Hamachi (As you should be doing), then:

You have to forward port 25565 to your PC in your router settings. Router configs differ, but it's probably somewhere under "NAT".

• 1 month later...

Now, the only available download from technicpack.net is for 3.1.2. I have had the same problem where it says that you're missing mods; here's how to solve it:

1. Open Technic Launcher and choose Tekkit Classic.

2. Click on the "Options" button below the "Login" button.

3. There will be a couple of options that say, "Always use developmental builds." and "Always use recommended builds." Choose "Always use developmental builds." for 3.1.3 (newer version) and "Always use recommended builds." for 3.1.2. Then log in. There may be a window that says there is an update available for Tekkit and it will ask if you want to download it. Click "Yes."

If this window doesn't show up, it still might work. Don't attempt to update any mods yourself, because Tekkit is only compatible with specific versions. Tell your friends to change to the correct version as well.

Hope this helped!

Now, the only available download from technicpack.net is for 3.1.2. I have had the same problem where it says that you're missing mods; here's how to solve it:

1. Open Technic Launcher and choose Tekkit Classic.

2. Click on the "Options" button below the "Login" button.

3. There will be a couple of options that say, "Always use developmental builds." and "Always use recommended builds." Choose "Always use developmental builds." for 3.1.3 (newer version) and "Always use recommended builds." for 3.1.2. Then log in. There may be a window that says there is an update available for Tekkit and it will ask if you want to download it. Click "Yes."

If this window doesn't show up, it still might work. Don't attempt to update any mods yourself, because Tekkit is only compatible with specific versions. Tell your friends to change to the correct version as well.

Hope this helped!

Actually, I'm pretty sure that in December, when this post was made, the 3.1.3 server was the default to download....

And the problem you explained was already solved....

Now, the only available download from technicpack.net is for 3.1.2.

No it's not. Try going to the server tab...

3.Choose "Always use developmental builds." for 3.1.3 (newer version) and "Always use recommended builds." for 3.1.2.

Incorrect. Choose "Always use developmental builds." for the latest development build. and "Always use recommended builds." for the latest recommended build. If you want a specific version to be connecting to a server, select manual build and choose which one you need. If you choose the development/recommended build, next time there's a version change, you'll just end up with the same problem... server will be on one version, you're on another...