How to make a server

M-C

2- The Windows Batch File- obviously, it cant run on linux, so has anyone done any coding to recreate the batch file on java?

Open in Linux Terminal

1st. open terminal

if bat file is in home directory

2nd. cd /home/[whatever username]

3rd. sh launch.bat

example mine is in a folder labeled Voltz_Server_v1.0.7

open termial application

cd /home/[username]/Voltz_Server_v1.0.7

sh launch.bat

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I can't find the "Minecraft_server" file in the Jar. All I can find is the CLASS file. Is that it and if so what do I need to run it?

That's... Strange, are you sure you got the server files and not just the normal jar? I'll check tomorrow if anything has changed, 11 PM atm and I'm on my iPad.

I've downloaded the recommended version of the server pack 1.0.8 and there is no such file PUT THIS IN THE

SERVER.JAR and not sure where to go from there.

Hm, I couldn't find it myself either... I'll try to find out what's changed and update the guide afterwards.

There should be a Voltz.jar which has minecraft server files built into it. in the case of

How does one make the server work on server hosted by a MC server hosting?(I have access to the SFTP and McMyAdmin panel.)

you should be able to inject or upload the voltz.jar and the 3 folders that come with it, into your Minecraft folder via SFTP with a standard ftp client. I assume the hosting service gave you a login and password for this so just use that to access it. See mcmyadmin should have a Minecraft folder in it that holds the .jar for the server and any other files such as mods, plugins and such. Now either before or after injecting the Voltz.jar rename it to ForgeMod.jar make sure its exact as its case sensitive and in mcmyadmin panel under configuraton and change server type to Forgemod and then start the server and it should run Voltz in mcmyadmin/.

• 2 weeks later...

So i am running Windows 7 and i have downloaded the 1.0.11 Volts server zip file and i am stuck on step 5 because i can not find the PUT THIS IN THE SERVER.JAR or anything remotely similar. I dont know if it is an update or anything else but i could use some help please.

So i am running Windows 7 and i have downloaded the 1.0.11 Volts server zip file and i am stuck on step 5 because i can not find the PUT THIS IN THE SERVER.JAR or anything remotely similar. I dont know if it is an update or anything else but i could use some help please.

Look at the post above yours, some things have changed (the top sentence).

If anyone else is having problems finding: PUT THIS IN THE SERVER.JAR, the file Voltz.jar has replaced it. Simply open it up in the same way you would Minecraft_Server.jar, and extract all the files from Voltz.jar into Minecraft_Server.jar and continue. Do not delete META-INF.

If anyone else is having problems finding: PUT THIS IN THE SERVER.JAR, the file Voltz.jar has replaced it. Simply open it up in the same way you would Minecraft_Server.jar, and extract all the files from Voltz.jar into Minecraft_Server.jar and continue. Do not delete META-INF.

Changed it in the OP, thanks!

When i go to put the Voltz Jar in the Minecraft Server jar i get a error

! C:\Users\Sam\Downloads\Voltz New Server\Minecraft_Server (1).exe: The archive is corrupt

That's an exe, not a .jar file. Also, remember to put the contents in, not the entire voltz.jar

I have had people try to access using the ipchicken ip but it hasn't worked, and i have port-fowarded.

Hm, which ports have you opened? And did you use a video for your router specifically?

i added the contents of the Voltz.jar into the server folder, added the coremods, mods, and configs folder into it too, but the blocks still disappear when placed, and i cant fire any modded weapons. Please help.

Try deleting all the configs.