Suggestion: Include Optifine in Voltz Modpack

Brinith

Voltz seems like a really nice modpack, but is really laggy for me. I am suggesting to add the Optifine mod. That way everything would a bit faster for those who have lower end computers and look better for those who have higher end computers.

Who's with me?

i definitely agree that optifine should be included but it is probably low on the long list of things that the modders have to add. unfortunately because optifine messes with a lot of stuff in minecraft it will make it a lot harder to debug than it has to be in the beginning stages of the mod pack.

I think that optifine definitely has a place in Voltz. Since it doesn't add anything gameplay wise, there's no possibility of it breaking the theme of the pack. And so far it's been rather easy to add in myself and play with, so at least at the moment it's compatible. Definitely deserves to be in there.

You may have noticed Optifine is also absent from the latest versions of Technic. This is because the creator of Optifine has clearly stated he did not want his mod to be used in a modpack. Sadly, the team was more or less obliged to remove it from their packs. It is extremely easy to manually add though, so you'll have to do with that for now.

You just have to download the mod, put the class files in the modpack.jar file in the voltz folder, and you'll be good to go.

You may have noticed Optifine is also absent from the latest versions of Technic. This is because the creator of Optifine has clearly stated he did not want his mod to be used in a modpack. Sadly, the team was more or less obliged to remove it from their packs. It is extremely easy to manually add though, so you'll have to do with that for now.

You just have to download the mod, put the class files in the modpack.jar file in the voltz folder, and you'll be good to go.

Huh, is that so? I haven't played Technic in a while, had no idea. Interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that optifine definitely has a place in Voltz. Since it doesn't add anything gameplay wise, there's no possibility of it breaking the theme of the pack. And so far it's been rather easy to add in myself and play with, so at least at the moment it's compatible. Definitely deserves to be in there.

Really? I tried manually adding Optifine to voltz, didn't work well for me. Do I need modloader?

Yep I put it in the Voltz minecraft.jar file didn't work. What do you mean by modpack.jar?

If you look slightly under minecraft.jar, you should see this magical thing called "modpack.jar". Put all files which would normally go into minecraft.jar in modpack.jar instead. Including OptiFine.