Black Screen With Audio

ItsADuckThing

I seem to have a reoccurring issue with multiple mod-packs. When a handful of mod-packs finally load up and get past the Mojang screen I'm stuck with a weird, black screen. But its not completely black. There is a little small box in the left hand window that shows a bit of a world rotating. I can also hear music. I also am able to click where buttons like Single-player, Multiplayer, Options and such would be. When I click in these areas on the black screen I hear the noise it would normally make, the loud click. But to save my life I can't seem to get rid of this black screen. 

issue.png

Looks like you are trying a few packs out then ;)

That aero window...isn't that like, windows 7? That only leads me to believe other things may be outdated, like java or graphic drivers. Can you open up a command prompt and type "java -version"?

Also if you can provide the technic log, that may help identify the issue quicker than just going through and checking everything one post at a time.

I believe you mentioned in your last post your laptop wasn't exactly on the high end, I would suspect it to be running integrated graphics like Intel HD 3000 or something, this may be something we can look at next.

4 hours ago, TerdyTheTerd said:

Looks like you are trying a few packs out then ;)

That aero window...isn't that like, windows 7? That only leads me to believe other things may be outdated, like java or graphic drivers. Can you open up a command prompt and type "java -version"?

Also if you can provide the technic log, that may help identify the issue quicker than just going through and checking everything one post at a time.

I believe you mentioned in your last post your laptop wasn't exactly on the high end, I would suspect it to be running integrated graphics like Intel HD 3000 or something, this may be something we can look at next.

C:\Users\Owner>java -version
java version "1.8.0_221"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_221-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.221-b11, mixed mode)

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Not sure how to update my graphics driver if its even possible.

You might be able to via device manager, but Windows never seems to be able to find drivers, so you would need to download it or try using the Intel Graphics center (not sure what its called, but right click on your desktop and there should be an option for Intel Graphics). I will need to reply with some additional info once I have time to further look into this, while that integrated graphics is certainly old, it should support minecraft.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 3:03 PM, JaariAtmc said:

See if disabling the Stencil Buffer helps. You can find this under Launcher Options > Video Settings.

This thread can be closed now. I was actually coming to say that I had found the fix, didn't realize you had commented. But yeah disabling Stencil Buffer under Launcher Options fixes it for Technic; and for other launchers all you have to do is insert this in the JVM Arguments -Dforge.forceNoStencil=true