RAM Problem

Xepper

Question

I had a PC with 16GB of RAM for quite a while but I have a huge private modpack and I thought about ungrading it to 32 GB.

At first I thought everything is fine but an issue came up.

In my computer settings is shows me that I have 32 GB of RAM and also it sais the same in the task manager but in the technic launcher I can only use a maximum of 16 GB of RAM to run my modpack and this way it is really laggy...

sidenotes:(I have a 64 bit Java 1.8.0_291 ; so the newest one) (I believe it is some king of Launcher bug...)

7 answers to this question

On 4/24/2021 at 5:31 AM, Lord Ptolemy said:

Intentional. The max amount of ram you can allocate with the launcher is 16gb. There's no good reason to be able to allocate more than this.

Where is the launcher options saved to? I'm trying to run Stratum 2048x which requires way more than 16gb of ram, So i need to manually change the ram allocation in the file.

On 4/24/2021 at 6:31 AM, Lord Ptolemy said:

Intentional. The max amount of ram you can allocate with the launcher is 16gb. There's no good reason to be able to allocate more than this.

I have a pack that is also hitting the 16Gb cap in the launcher. so are there any alternatives that can support this need?