About this "custom zip" thing.

LazDude2012

So, I am looking through it, and it seems to be pretty obvious how it works. Is there a way for my custom pack to override its logo in the launcher?

I am quite positive that it can't be overwritten. The images are downloaded every time you start the launcher. i.e. if you actually manage to overwrite an image, the next time you run the launcher, it'll be gone.

Edit: ninja'd :p

Not at this time, no.

Not to hijack, but so we don't have 50 threads on the new feature, a request: Ability to specify mods that will be added into modpack.jar at runtime instead of completely overwriting it? For instance, to add Optifine on to Tekkit Lite without it throwing a bitch fit about wanting a non-existent update...

Not to hijack, but so we don't have 50 threads on the new feature, a request: Ability to specify mods that will be added into modpack.jar at runtime instead of completely overwriting it? For instance, to add Optifine on to Tekkit Lite without it throwing a bitch fit about wanting a non-existent update...

MultiMC-ish? That'd be nice. Make it easier for server owners/modpack makers. One tool to own them all.

Actually, I have another question about this new "Custom ModPack" feature. I want to play the Aether mod in my own custom pack, but the launcher won't support the version of Minecraft that Aether needs. I tried MultiMC and It won't run on my mac for some reason... any ideas?

I have been searching for the same answer, i want to put the aether in one pack all by itself so that i don't have to rewrite my minecraft.jar and ruin my other mods. I thought the aether was like an entire other program but realized it was a mod. It is also not really updated, I noticed that some of the minecraft versions in the technic pack were different so i thought that with this new custom pack thing i could download it on the right version and play the aether. I've never played the aether and want to try it but if there is any problem that prevents me from downloading on to technic its really not worth the hassle, thanks for any helpful answers.