minecraft farlands

rhibakuska

has anyone been to the farlands? AKA the "edge" of the minecraft world? oh, without using any mods that is. :3

Isn't that pretty much impossible without teleporting yourself there? I would think you'd be spending a few months walking there at least.

Isn't that pretty much impossible without teleporting yourself there? I would think you'd be spending a few months walking there at least.

Months? dang, my computer can't handle that. i saw it in a post somewhere and i just got curious. so, any idea on how to get there using SPC?

The farlands don't exist anymore. When the new world gen parameters came out in... 1.8 I think, they changed it so that the map just ends in an invisible wall at where the farlands would be. So unless if you want to see an invisible wall (lol irony), don't bother going to the farlands anymore. Unless if you want to use mcnostalgia to revert to an earlier version.

The farlands don't exist anymore. When the new world gen parameters came out in... 1.8 I think, they changed it so that the map just ends in an invisible wall at where the farlands would be. So unless if you want to see an invisible wall (lol irony), don't bother going to the farlands anymore. Unless if you want to use mcnostalgia to revert to an earlier version.

Yeah I believe Notch said that they were accidentally removed when the new terrain for 1.8 was added. There is a Farlands or Bust series you can watch to see just how long it takes (i don't think he is anywhere close even now). But yeah it was because the formula used to generate terrain would glitch in around the... was it 3 billion range? Cheating is the fastest way to get there and was the reason it was never on Notch's to-fix list.

You can still go there to say you reached the end of minecraft's "Infinite Map".

wow, thanks for clearing that for me i tried that and boom, all i see is nothing, and when i tried to go to the edge, my screen hangs, and when i tried to load my world again, the character stayed there, i can't even use SPC. so much for the legendary farlands.

You can still go there to say you reached the end of minecraft's "Infinite Map".

The world still has the ability to be bigger than the Earth though, so technically, it is infinite. Not many people I know actually go all that far from their spawn, and when they do, they only do it once or twice.

The world still has the ability to be bigger than the Earth though, so technically, it is infinite. Not many people I know actually go all that far from their spawn, and when they do, they only do it once or twice.

Jupiter is bigger than earth, so it's infinite?

[me=Synthetica]has a deja-moo "I think I've heard this bullshit before"[/me]

But it is technically not infinite. Unlimited internet on some services is defined as more then what the average user uses which feels unlimited but it still has a limit.

Jupiter is bigger than earth, so it's infinite?

[me=Synthetica]has a deja-moo "I think I've heard this bullshit before"[/me]

I hear the new Bioshock is Infinite too.

I kinda want that one. It looks fricking amazing. That is, if the trailers are any indication. But when have game trailers ever been a good indication of good game content? Rarely I would say.

Yeah hate that they can show prerendered cut scenes if they want to for a trailer. Reminds me of FF7 the cut scenes (and I think battles) had really good detail but the actual playable game part had cloud with horribly odd polygon arms.

Yeah hate that they can show prerendered cut scenes if they want to for a trailer. Reminds me of FF7 the cut scenes (and I think battles) had really good detail but the actual playable game part had cloud with horribly odd polygon arms.

I'm probably nailing myself to a tree here, but i hated FF7. Not a single part of it appealed to me. Everything it did even remotely well, was done better in FF6,8, or 9.

Although I guess Valve is kinda the outsider on game trailers. Because they use the actual game visuals (albeit the models are a bit higher quality) for the videos. A good example would be all the Meet the Team videos for TF2. That's the actual game models (except for the fact that the models for the classes are higher quality) and rendering used in standard play. The DOTA 2 trailer is obviously the exception for them so far.