So what replaces world anchors?

SemiPr0

Teleport Tethers don't seem to work as chunk loaders.

Dimensional Anchors set to 9x9 aren't working either.

Seems we just got F'd in the A, if you were using Railcraft world anchors to maintain pumps outside your chunk loading area, you're now completely fucked.

What a fantastic release this is.

They're not working. I have two of them set up, one at my geothermal plant, the other at a lava chamber under a volcano about 150m away, both are set to 9x9, simple facts are if I go to the pump the pump pipe fills with lava, if I go about 32 blocks away from the pump the lava in the pipe disappears, back at my geothermal plant, no lava is being pumped to my tanks.

As of yesterday using world anchors I had 4 tanks full of lava, as of installing 0.5.2 I now have no lava whatsoever and I can't keep the pump chunk and my power system chunk loaded at the same time.

This is pretty much a game breaking disaster. Neither Tethers nor Dimensional Anchors work for keeping chunks loaded.

Unless you're generating power directly in the chunk you're in, you have no power period. You can't even pump in oil or lava from remote locations via pipes because the pumps don't stay loaded.

0.5.2 is a fucking broken modpack. ForgeEssentials isn't even in it, theres no fucking permissions system to manage your server with at all, Theres no way to reliably keep chunks loaded on the server at all. You can't do anything with BC or IC2 unless you're literally doing it all in the same chunk on the server.

They need to roll back this release, its fucked.

The release is fine. Teleport tethers and dimensional anchors work just fine. They got rid of ForgeEssentials, because most server owners either didn't want it, or didn't know how to use it, and it fucked up their server. What you need to do, is calm your tits, and actually fix YOUR broken game.

Actually now that I've reinstalled it again...its crashing and its crashing because of the Dimensional Anchors I placed.....argh.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Why is it breaking :(

Time: 1/12/13 6:13 PM

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(Unknown Source)

at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(Unknown Source)

at immibis.chunkloader.DimensionalAnchors.loadForcedWorlds(DimensionalAnchors.java:189)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:485)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:140)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:83)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.serverStarting(Loader.java:700)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.handleServerStarting(FMLCommonHandler.java:309)

at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:198)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458)

at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.4.7

Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 2.6.32-279.14.1.el6.x86_64

Java Version: 1.7.0_06, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 2224351040 bytes (2121 MB) / 3087007744 bytes (2944 MB) up to 3087007744 bytes (2944 MB)

JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xmx3072M -Xms3072M -XX:UseSSE=3

AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 3, tallocated: 63

FML: MCP v7.26 FML v4.7.4.520 Minecraft Forge 6.6.0.497 58 mods loaded, 58 mods active

mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

mod_CodeChickenCore [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

mod_NotEnoughItems [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

TreeCapitator [TreeCapitator] ([1.4.6]TreeCapitator.Forge.1.4.6.r03.Uni.CoreMod.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

BuildCraft|Core [buildCraft] (buildcraft-A-3.4.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

BuildCraft|Factory [bC Factory] (buildcraft-A-3.4.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

BuildCraft|Transport [bC Transport] (buildcraft-A-3.4.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

BuildCraft|Silicon [bC Silicon] (buildcraft-A-3.4.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

APUnofficial [Additional Pipes] (AdditionalPipes-2.1.3u40-1.4.6.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

IC2 [industrialCraft 2] (industrialcraft-2_1.112.170-lf.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

AdvancedMachines [iC2 Advanced Machines Addon] (AdvancedMachines_1.4.6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

AdvancedPowerManagement [Advanced Power Management] (AdvancedPowerManagement-1.1.55-IC2_1.112.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

ComputerCraft [ComputerCraft] (ComputerCraft1.481.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

CCTurtle [ComputerCraft Turtles] (ComputerCraft1.481.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

EnderStorage [EnderStorage] (EnderStorage 1.3.1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

factorization [Factorization] (Factorization-0.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

IC2NuclearControl [Nuclear Control] (IC2NuclearControl-1.4.5.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

LogisticsPipes|Main [Logistics Pipes] (LogisticsPipes-MC1.4.7-0.7.0.75.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

PowerCrystalsCore [PowerCrystals Core] (PowerCrystalsCore_1.0.0.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

BuildCraft|Builders [bC Builders] (buildcraft-A-3.4.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

BuildCraft|Energy [bC Energy] (buildcraft-A-3.4.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

MFReloaded [MineFactory Reloaded] (MineFactoryReloaded_2.0.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

MFReloaded|CompatExtraBiomes [MFR Compat: ExtraBiomes] (MineFactoryReloaded_2.0.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

MFReloaded|CompatForestry [MFR Compat: Forestry] (MineFactoryReloaded_2.0.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

MFReloaded|CompatIC2 [MFR Compat: IC2] (MineFactoryReloaded_2.0.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

MFReloaded|CompatPamsHarvestCraft [MFR Compat: HarvestCraft] (MineFactoryReloaded_2.0.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

RedPowerCore [RedPower] (RedPowerCore-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

RedPowerBase [RP Base] (RedPowerCore-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

RedPowerWorld [RP World] (RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

MFReloaded|CompatRP2 [MFR Compat: RP2] (MineFactoryReloaded_2.0.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

NetherOres [Nether Ores] (NetherOres_2.0.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

OmniTools [OmniTools] (OmniTools-2.2.5.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

RedPowerMachine [RP Machine] (RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

RedPowerCompat [RP Compat] (RedPowerCompat-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

RedPowerWiring [RP Wiring] (RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

RedPowerLogic [RP Logic] (RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

RedPowerLighting [RP Lighting] (RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

RedPowerControl [RP Control] (RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

StevesCarts [steve's Carts] (StevesCarts2.0.0.a42.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

ThermalExpansion [Thermal Expansion] (ThermalExpansion-2.1.6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

ThermalExpansion|Factory [Factory] (ThermalExpansion-2.1.6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

ThermalExpansion|Energy [Energy] (ThermalExpansion-2.1.6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

ThermalExpansion|Transport [Transport] (ThermalExpansion-2.1.6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

snyke7_Transformers [Transformers] (Transformers v1.7b.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

WR-CBE|Core [WR-CBE Core] (WR-CBE Core 1.3.2.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

WR-CBE|Addons [WR-CBE Addons] (WR-CBE Addons 1.3.2.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

WR-CBE|RedPower [WR-CBE RedPower] (WR-CBE RedPower 1.3.2.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

weaponmod [balkon's WeaponMod] (Weaponmod.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

ImmibisCore [immibis Core] (immibis-core-52.2.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

AdvancedRepulsionSystems [Advanced Repulsion Systems] (adv-repulsion-systems-52.0.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

CompactSolars [Compact Solar Arrays] (compactsolars-universal-1.4.6-3.2.0.21.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

DimensionalAnchors [Dimensional Anchors] (dimensional-anchor-52.1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Errored

EE3 [Equivalent Exchange 3] (ee3-universal-pre1f.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

IronChest [iron Chest] (ironchest-universal-1.4.6-4.5.1.199.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

Mystcraft [Mystcraft] (mystcraft-uni-1.4.6-0.9.5.00.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

Tubestuff [Tubestuff] (tubestuff-52.0.8.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

Player Count: 0 / 60; []

Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'fml'

Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

I'd suggest posting that in the Tekkit Lite Bug board. More people will see it and probably help you there. I'm not that good at comprehending and pointing out issues with bug reports, but I'll try and see what's wrong.

EDIT: I'm not too sure, but I think you've got a corrupted map.

Yeah its the dimensional anchors that I placed while testing, they're causing a chunk exception with the fresh install.

A completely fresh world loads just fine. Just means everything we worked for in the 0.5.1 Lite release is now gone.

And without ForgeEssentials I can't change the world spawn, its back to square one for everything now.

They don't have a 1.4.7 version on the github yet.

And yeah manual install is a no go

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Hey, that tickles! Hehehe!

Time: 1/12/13 6:39 PM

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at com.google.common.base.Throwables.propagate(Throwables.java:160)

at com.ForgeEssentials.core.moduleLauncher.ModuleContainer.runInit(ModuleContainer.java:335)

at com.ForgeEssentials.core.moduleLauncher.ModuleLauncher.load(ModuleLauncher.java:93)

at com.ForgeEssentials.core.ForgeEssentials.load(ForgeEssentials.java:134)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:485)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:140)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:83)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:657)

at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.finishServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:94)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStarted(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)

at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:135)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458)

at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at com.ForgeEssentials.core.moduleLauncher.ModuleContainer.runInit(ModuleContainer.java:330)

... 32 more

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: IO Exception: "java.net.UnknownHostException: dal21.dallas-idc.com: dal21.dallas-idc.com: Name or service not known" [90028-170]

at com.ForgeEssentials.permission.SqlHelper.connect(SqlHelper.java:538)

at com.ForgeEssentials.permission.SqlHelper.<init>(SqlHelper.java:134)

at com.ForgeEssentials.permission.ModulePermissions.load(ModulePermissions.java:67)

... 37 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

Obviously, you borked something up. What that is, I don't know. I do inow that Dimensional Amchors works fine, and in fact works better than world anchors, because it bypasses chunk limits (chunk limits are a built i limit on chunkloaders that limits the number of chunks that can be loaded by chunk loaders. By default, chunk limits ae set low enough that most servers reach and exceed them easily.)

I got no results from either Tethers or Dimensional Anchors I'm afraid, then my server install got borked out by having them placed (in fairness one of them I'd made in 0.5.1 maybe that cause that problem I dunno).

It'll be awhile before I can confirm or deny their functionality in SMP again...cause I currently don't have anything and seems like every new world I generate has no IC2 energy sources...I can't even find a rubber tree.

Perhaps we're supposed to set the generation percentages ourselves in a config....which would have been good to know before updating I think.