LazDude's Mods TWO POINT ZERO!

LazDude2012

Greetings, fellow denizens of the Internets. I've been modding again, and here are some of the products of my overactive imagination.

• SGExtensions Prime! This mod is an overhaul of the mod SGCraft by Greg Ewing, adding Stargates, a computercraft peripheral to dial stargates, fixing the debug spam that his mod has, and in future versions, more types of Stargates! (insanely detailed)
  • OpenMDS! This is a new defence mod, based on Thunderdark's MFFS. With Calclavia taking over, and subsequently locking the mod down and closing its source, I decided I could do better. This mod will be less focused on forcefields, and more on other, more fun base defence. There won't be any machines to instantly kill intruders, or steal their items, but there will be fun defences, such as auto-sentries, time dilation, and nerve gas. :) (also, no more player id! You'll have to use colour codes 'n' stuff!)
  • Applications of Dynamics! This mod, the lowest priority mod I have in the pipes, will add Railcraft-style steam, and my own take on liquid storage.

...basically the idea is to out-RedPower RedPower.

Impossible! The world will collapse if you attempt to improve upon the threads of the Redpower continuum! :3

Anyway, I might be interested in some of these mods. Do you have any sort of general description of what each mod will roughly do?

1. Convenient Crafting Systems. http://github.com/LazDude2012/LazCCS

Basically, the idea here is to improve crafting dramatically, by adding the Convenient Crafting Table. At first, it's just like Eloraam's project table, except drawing from your inventory instead of a built in one. You can, of course, upgrade it to add that inventory. In future versions, there will be a learning system, similar to EE2's Transmutation Tablet. Basically, with the Templates upgrade, anything you craft in the table will be learned, and displayed in a sort of menu to the right. When you click it, it will highlight and ghost items of its recipe will appear in the crafting grid, enabling you to craft it if you have the resources. After that, I'll add automatic crafting.

Have you seen the easy crafting mod (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1558714-146-smp-easy-crafting-automatic-crafting-table-one-click-craft/)?

I have indeed, it's slightly OP. This one, you'll have to have crafted it the "hard" way at least once for the table to remember. (also, it'll have a limited number of template slots, so choose your templates well)

Maybe instead of a limited number of template slots (well, maybe a large one, like a hundred?), every time a recipe is learned it uses up a book or some other "fuel"?

Well, no. That's not how it will really work, the idea is to have those 20 or so templates in a "template book" which you can, of course, replace with a fresh one.

Oh, that's an even better idea. I'm guessing these template books can be stored in chests and inserted/removed in the crafting table for convenient access?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey LazDude!

I'm looking for any sort of release you may have completed for SGExtensions.

Any chance you can give me some direction on if/how I can acquire a release of your hard work and deploy it on my private 1.4.7 server?