Making a jar mod with the forge mcp download

bocaj1234567

someone can correct me if i am wrong but a jar mod is basically going the dong princess route and modding base class files, which makes your mod imcompatibale with 99.9999999999% of mods

using forge you could still make a jar mod...but you might have issues and such

making it not a jar mod means it compatable with 99.9999% of mods....

again correct me if i am wrong

You really need to put these in the modder's metropolis area, specifically the "mod makers market". Also need to stop repeating yourself.

As to your question, it's fine to make a mod that utilizes both forge and base class edits, what you call a jar mod. If you want to make sure your edit is at least compatible with forge, just don't edit any classes that forge edits. If you want to make sure your mod is compatible with other mods that do base class edits, find out what they edit and avoid those classes. It can still be a headache, so avoid base class edits when possible.

You really need to put these in the modder's metropolis area, specifically the "mod makers market". Also need to stop repeating yourself.

As to your question, it's fine to make a mod that utilizes both forge and base class edits, what you call a jar mod. If you want to make sure your edit is at least compatible with forge, just don't edit any classes that forge edits. If you want to make sure your mod is compatible with other mods that do base class edits, find out what they edit and avoid those classes. It can still be a headache, so avoid base class edits when possible.

Thank you I did not know about the mod makers market. thank you.

Making a jar mod (base class/core mod) is okay, as long as you have a good reason. NEI has a good reason. EE3 doesn't, hence why it's a forgemod. If it takes 1 hour extra work to make your mod a forgemod instead of a core mod, then take that extra hour.