How to make an official modpack?

MiniMoose12

How do you get your modpack on the technic launcher?

I know you need approval from all the mod makers and have to have them in a nice and orderly manner for other's to donate etc.

I am combining aspects from Voltz+Tekkit+FTB. to make one super modpack for heavy PVP technology.

I can guarantee that CheapShot is going to be on this post trolling and loling at me.

Well, for starters, I'd get a name and a logo for the pack, get permissions and stuff, and then talk to the Technic team about it. I'd build the pack as a TechnicLauncher custom zip first, host it somewhere, and then message IceWolf or one of the other admins asking about your pack. :)

Well, for starters, I'd get a name and a logo for the pack, get permissions and stuff, and then talk to the Technic team about it. I'd build the pack as a TechnicLauncher custom zip first, host it somewhere, and then message IceWolf or one of the other admins asking about your pack. :)

Thanks for responding so quickly, Most of the mods are Open Source and Let you have free permission to distribute/modpack it. I will need to find a way to contact a few modders. I'm currently testing it out with a custom Zip, but I'm having trouble making the damned custom option into forge. The Video Tutorial the site gave us wasn't that detailed and lacked major info.

Thanks for responding so quickly, Most of the mods are Open Source and Let you have free permission to distribute/modpack it. I will need to find a way to contact a few modders. I'm currently testing it out with a custom Zip, but I'm having trouble making the damned custom option into forge. The Video Tutorial the site gave us wasn't that detailed and lacked major info.

Let us know how the getting permissions thing goes.

Let us know how the getting permissions thing goes.

The test zip was prematurely made as a near futile first attempt, I am making a list of all the mods, their permissions, and reference links in a nice orderly manor first, so far 80% of the mod packs mods have all been open source, meaning no permission required, just have to credit the owners and reference their threads/ sites! I think the hardest permissions that we are possibly going to try for are rail craft. We plan to have the mod pack be futuristic warfare themed, any name suggestions from the community would be appreciated! I still need to contact many modders, any smp forge mod suggestions, please post them in a reply!

This modpack will also have many forms of energy to power tons of advanced machines, we will be trying to get red power 2 in the modpack to increase the automation of buildings through the use of assembly lines etc

Imagine volts+tekkit lite+variety of mods

The ultimate mod pack!

Missiles, automated factories, nuclear power and advance rail craft etc! Steve's carts , cool mods from here and there all in one giant package

Hey I am really interested in what you are doing. Actually I was thinking of doing it myself. I enjoyed the Technic pack a lot, and I find Voltz really interesting. But Voltz certainly feels like it's missing some cool mods from technic like red power as you said.

The thing that was stoping me from doing it has been that I don't really know how you can now which mods can be compatible with which and if there is a easy and fast way of knowing that. I have always missed forestry for instance, but I have never managed to make it work after it was taken out.

So if you can share a bit of the process you follow, or point me to the threads or links, I would be very grateful.

PD: Eventually I would like to start modding myself, as I know quite a bit of Java, but I haven't got the push to start looking into it.

This modpack will also have many forms of energy to power tons of advanced machines, we will be trying to get red power 2 in the modpack to increase the automation of buildings through the use of assembly lines etc

The ultimate mod pack!

Missiles, automated factories, nuclear power and advance rail craft etc! Steve's carts , cool mods from here and there all in one giant package

I see no reason for RailCraft. Do not give CovertJaguar the satisfaction of being asked to include his mod in your mod pack.

I quite enjoy the idea of you massive mod pack of awesomeness. I do believe The Volts pack should include the awesome and enjoyable aspects of red power,industrial craft,portal gun,etc. Player verses player combat is quite enjoyable in my opinion and with the addition of rockets, quantum and stuff i can tell your mod pack will we a pvp or a pve players sensation. I wish you luck with your mod pack and i would like to give you some name ides for your pack as well.

1. War on Minecraft (WOM) 2. Chaos on Minecraftia (COM) 3. Universal Utilities Pack (UUP)

I quite enjoy the idea of you massive mod pack of awesomeness. I do believe The Volts pack should include the awesome and enjoyable aspects of red power,industrial craft,portal gun,etc. Player verses player combat is quite enjoyable in my opinion and with the addition of rockets, quantum and stuff i can tell your mod pack will we a pvp or a pve players sensation. I wish you luck with your mod pack and i would like to give you some name ides for your pack as well.

1. War on Minecraft (WOM) 2. Chaos on Minecraftia (COM) 3. Universal Utilities Pack (UUP)

Well, I do not know why a modpack centered around PvP would need redpower and industrialcraft. Also, the Voltz pack COULD NOT use those two mods because Voltz mods use the universal electricity api.

Well, I do not know why a modpack centered around PvP would need redpower and industrialcraft. Also, the Voltz pack COULD NOT use those two mods because Voltz mods use the universal electricity api.

You have a good point, however i did state that it will be a pvp or pve players sensation that is not only for pvpers but for those who just want to build and play like you can on Tekkit but with some fun items in there aswell. If this mod pack were to happen Voltz mods do not have to be compatible with Industrial craft power because that is what makes the two unique. For example The Blue electricity mod in the Direwolf pack or even tekkit does not comply with industrial craft machines with the exception that a item is created to convert the two.

You have a good point, however i did state that it will be a pvp or pve players sensation that is not only for pvpers but for those who just want to build and play like you can on Tekkit but with some fun items in there aswell. If this mod pack were to happen Voltz mods do not have to be compatible with Industrial craft power because that is what makes the two unique. For example The Blue electricity mod in the Direwolf pack or even tekkit does not comply with industrial craft machines with the exception that a item is created to convert the two.

That's what I was going to say, I mean, even that Voltz already has it's electricity, I think they could coexist just like redpower and industrialcraft do.

And about pvp and such, I think its fine, but I think redpower is needed here in order to make things easier, like the use of redstone and small blocks. Also the possibilities of frames and motors... I think redpower is a great asset.

In previous versions of the UE mods they could convert Buildcraft and IndustrialCraft energy with the UE batbox. I do not know if this is still the case though.

If it is the case, though, then there is another reason for have them together!

• 2 months later...

The ultimate mod pack!

Voltz+Tekkit?

that is not going to happen!

although that would be kind of fun