Please help well meaning Dad.

jonnietonto

Hi, I hope someone out there can help me. My son loves Minecraft and I downloaded that and Technic Launcher for him a year ago along with various texture packs. Tonight me told me that he wanted to play Voltz but we needed to update our version to the latest. I have followed the instructions and done this but in the process deleted all of his saved games. I do back up my system regularly using Time Machine to an external hard drive so I am hoping that I can retrieve the data but don't know the process to do this. I have a Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard. On a less serious but equally annoying note I can't seem to get the Technic icon, spanners/tools, back into my task bar, it doesn't show up at all, I thought it would magically reappear but no. Please help me if you can, I am not particularly computer savvy but I am not an idiot, although my son might disagree when he gets up tomorrow morning. Thanks.

Hi, I hope someone out there can help me. My son loves Minecraft and I downloaded that and Technic Launcher for him a year ago along with various texture packs. Tonight me told me that he wanted to play Voltz but we needed to update our version to the latest. I have followed the instructions and done this but in the process deleted all of his saved games. I do back up my system regularly using Time Machine to an external hard drive so I am hoping that I can retrieve the data but don't know the process to do this. I have a Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard. On a less serious but equally annoying note I can't seem to get the Technic icon, spanners/tools, back into my task bar, it doesn't show up at all, I thought it would magically reappear but no. Please help me if you can, I am not particularly computer savvy but I am not an idiot, although my son might disagree when he gets up tomorrow morning. Thanks.

Open your finder, click the go menu, then go to. Click techniclauncher, and open time machine. There will be some ModPack folders. The saves folder in the respective folder will contain his saves. Note that you can't use old tekkit saves with tekkit lite, or voltz.

I believe he deleted his techniclauncher folder.

Same here, looks like he followed the instructions at the top of the forums to fix his technic launcher.

Also OP if you are using one modpack with saves in it, and you want to switch to another modpack with the same save, then its not going to work.