How to begin Tekkit Lite server + bukkit plugins

pindapower

Hello forum,

I'm getting a lot of question on the forum and internet about tekkit lite server and bukkit plugins. You can find answer to all your question, but there not one place where you can find everything.

So I like to make a guide to startup, configure, play on your server. But for this I need support (tester and helpers) and people who want to see this.

Post there if you want to help or if you like to see a guide. If there a enough post after a week. I will begin the proces

At this point the process is buggy. Install is straight forward.

bukkitforge in coremods folder

and plugins in the "plugins" folder you have to create.

Problems I have encountered:

- World setup is different - true bukkit each world or layer is treated like separate world with _nether or _the_end suffix. Where in bukkit forge is subfolder 0 (overworld) 1 (nether) 2 (end). many plugins have a problem with that.

- Mods do not recognize permissions or protections. So difficult to secure.

Specific to World Guard/World Edit

- Movement seems to off, while moving within a worldgaurd region, constantly getting greeting and farewell messages

- World guard/Edit crashes and turns off, leaving areas unprotected

If there was a list of what calls Bukkitforge does/does not support of Bukkit, it would go a long way in determing what plugins would work, and what plugins or parts of plugins will not.

- World setup is different - true bukkit each world or layer is treated like separate world with _nether or _the_end suffix. Where in bukkit forge is subfolder 0 (overworld) 1 (nether) 2 (end). many plugins have a problem with that.

- Movement seems to off, while moving within a worldgaurd region, constantly getting greeting and farewell messages

If there was a list of what calls Bukkitforge does/does not support of Bukkit, it would go a long way in determing what plugins would work, and what plugins or parts of plugins will not.

End is 1, not 2, nether is -1, not 1. BukkitForge supports all Bukkit calls, but some of them are less functional than others.

World guard/World edit greeting and farewell messages have been fixed, me and my server members were so happy about this haha but yeah bPermissions still not working very well, it picks us some permissions not others, some plugins don't work, some do, I used a world converter on the world and we have been pretty happy with the move over from tekkit classic.

True, most used plugin for tekkit lite: essentials, worldedit, worldguard and clearlagg

There are a lot of update every day.

There is all you information

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/bukkitforge-getting-bukkit-plugins-on-tekkit-lite.34804/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i dont know what it is but im having problems with the ForgeEssentials i dont know what it is i just downloaded the new tekkit lite server i was running on the 0.5.2 not a problem but wanted to update to the new 0.5.7 bc it has new things in it and so did the founder of the group.... but i have put them in like i did last time and i cant get anything up but i like to know does WORLD EDIT work the same like the F.E do... not putting it all out there like the old world edit do but bild it block by block????? and like to know if anyone is able to help me set this up to the new version with some of the mods i have racked my brain so much on it.. its unreal too much time looking things up and not enought time playing MC that i love doing and making mager things that would be nice to see in the end all work out..... but ill be back to look at this

• 2 months later...