IC2 copper in Tekkit Lite?

ninjafishnz

I have read the story about Ic2 copper being removed along with redpower copper due to the new mod, and how they upped the amounts to compensate. However I still find I'm missing so much copper due to the lack of Ic2's once incredibly high spawn rate (which was necessary). Same with tin.

So I tried enabling the spawn in the config files and when I did that I would get a severe server error (which may be to do with redpower) and it wouldn't generate the new world.

Any way to get around this?

The ores now spawn based on depth. So you can't go down to level 10-12 and get everything.

Copper: Levels 40-75

Lead: Levels 20-40

Silver: Levels 15-35

Tin: Levels: 50-25

As for the error, the IC2 ore has an ID conflict with redpower leaves. You will need to change the ID in either the redpower config or the IC2 config.

The ores now spawn based on depth. So you can't go down to level 10-12 and get everything.

As for the error, the IC2 ore has an ID conflict with redpower leaves. You will need to change the ID in either the redpower config or the IC2 config.

Yeah, it conflicts. But still, how come I can find IC2 Tin in Mystcraft worlds and literally place it just fine, even in the Overworld? That still baffles me.

Yeah, it conflicts. But still, how come I can find IC2 Tin in Mystcraft worlds and literally place it just fine, even in the Overworld? That still baffles me.

What ID is it? Are you sure it's ic2 tin?

Redpower adds ores (ruby [254], green sapphire [254:1], sapphire [254:2], silver [254:3], tin [254:4] and copper [454:5]) as well. In tekkit lite they are at id 254.

I'm sure it's IC2 tin. As soon as I turn IC2 tin on, I can't get past the Mojang screen due to ID conflicts. Yet I can still find it in Mystcraft worlds.

I am still wondering what ID the ore you find in the mystcraft worlds are. And what happens when you stick it in a forge lexicon? Can you get it by sticking other tin in the forge lexicon?

The assigned ID for the IC2 tin is 254:4. I can convert it to Thermal Expansion tin by using a Forge Lexicon, and I can also take Thermal Expansion Tin and turn it into IC2 tin. Yet turning on IC2 Tin generation causes immediate block ID conflicts.

The assigned ID for the IC2 tin is 254:4. I can convert it to Thermal Expansion tin by using a Forge Lexicon, and I can also take Thermal Expansion Tin and turn it into IC2 tin. Yet turning on IC2 Tin generation causes immediate block ID conflicts.

That is NOT IC2 tin, that is repower tin. Notice the ID of ruby.

Ah okay, that makes sense then. Thank you :)

If you want to make the default ores more common, you can tweak spawn rates and vein sizes in the config, which is pretty awesome. You can also change the spawn heights, if you really hate them.

• 1 month later...

If you want to make the default ores more common, you can tweak spawn rates and vein sizes in the config, which is pretty awesome. You can also change the spawn heights, if you really hate them.

Where do I find the config to edit? I have been looking for over an hour and can't find it. I am new to MC/Tekkit files. I don't run servers, so just single-player if it's different. Thanks.

It's in C:/Users/YourComputerUsernameHere/Appdata/.technic/Tekkitlite/config/cofh IIRC. Replace "YourComputerUsernameHere" with the username you use to log into your computer with. This goes in the bar on top of windows explorer (the program you use to open My Documents with). I may be different if you're on a mac.

Thanks so much, theprolo. I had perused that folder before, but didn't think any files there would be it. It is "thermalexpansion.cfg" in the folder he mentioned if anyone else comes looking for this. Also, I'm sure theprolo was going by memory, but it is C:/users/yourusername/appdata/roaming/.techniclauncher/tekkitlite/config/cofh. Close enough for me as I had spent a lot of time in there! Thanks again, prolo!

Oh, and for fellow n00bs like me, just type %appdata% to get to the roaming folder at the prompt.