ARS and MFFS

Lorus111

Hi,

Basically I want too know if the Advanced Repulsion Systems mod and MFFS mod can work together somehow.

Some of my players like Immibis' version while some like Thunderdark's version.

The only problem I can see with them both working together is the blank mffs card.

Changing the ID of the card in either mod does not seem too change the ID in-game, one will always have 11371 regardless whilst the other will have the ID you specified in the ARS config.

Would changing the name of the card in one of the mods work? (MFFS card ARS <blank>, mffsitemcardblankARS)

If anyone has any ideas I'd much appreciate them.

Some of my players greatly prefer immibis' version because of its simplicity and the Tesla coils it adds (they are pretty cool),

while some prefer thunderdark's version because of its advanced security features.

If their is no way to get them to work together that would be fine, I'll just go with thunderdark's version.

Yep, both server and client IDs are being changed into free slots,

I just changed the IDs to 650 and 651 (651 being MFFS) and ingame their was only one card, 907, which is the MFFS card, this card did not work in the ARS core, and when I tried to use it on a MFFS capacitor the game crashed.

Here is the main part of the error report if it would help:

java.lang.ClassCastException: immibis.ars.ItemFrequenzCard cannot be cast to chb.mods.mffs.common.item.ItemCardPowerLink

at chb.mods.mffs.common.item.ItemCardEmpty.a(ItemCardEmpty.java:99)

at ur.a(SourceFile:88)

at ir.a(ItemInWorldManager.java:424)

at iv.a(NetServerHandler.java:578)

at fk.a(SourceFile:58)

at cf.b(MemoryConnection.java:80)

at iv.d(NetServerHandler.java:136)

at iw.b(NetworkListenThread.java:57)

at bec.b(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:108)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:703)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)

at bdz.q(IntegratedServer.java:159)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)

at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

From I can tell from that error report, even though the IDs of the cards are different, MFFS is seeing the ARS card instead of its own.

It's almost working, changing the ID's above 4095 made both cards appear (I was unaware that IDs under 4095 were counted as blocks :)),

however the ARS card works in the ARS core but the MFFS card still crashes the game when used on a capacitor.

I had an idea that I could try rename one of the cards to try and avoid conflicts, probably ARS as its source code is provided in the mod, but I do not know how to compile a minecraft mod, I have never done it before. I believe you need a program called Minecraft Coder Pack.

Would that work or is it worth a try?

All the clients would need your version, and you might have to spend a while bugfixing all the changed registries, but it might be possible. You'd have to do this every time the mod updated, however.