Soccer mod

---

wouldnt it be cool if we could make a soccer mod with floodlights and footballs and goals and things if someone could do some work with me i will but be warned i am a total newbie and am not going to spend money on this

Could you tell me why you should spend money on this(?) if you make your own mod? Also, my brain requires punctuation... and lastly, don't jinx yourself :P

It would indeed be cool to have such a mod, I think there is something like that already though...

Floodlights are something I've been pondering. I'm thinking have the light create a line of invisible+no collision light emitter blocks that use the same mechanics as water (so other blocks will can be placed where they are, plus a mechanic to destroy blocks further down the line when the beam is interrupted).

A goal would be pretty simple. Goalpost blocks to build a frame, then detect a fully built frame (multiblock structure, I believe universal electricity has that in it's API) and fill the inner area with invisible blocks that detect collision with the ball entity and send out a redstone signal when it happens.

The ball would be the hardest, mainly trying to get kicking mechanics that work. Maybe a "foot" tool that works like a very short range bow?

Not saying I'll help, just tossing out ideas.

You say you don't want to spend money. The two valuable resources here are money, and time. So you could spend Time to learn how to code, then code said mod. Or, spend money to have somebody use their time instead.

Still, if somebody is willing to pick this up, I'd be curious to see how it turns out.