Beat this beast 2400EU/t Reactor

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, Didnt said it was the first one :) And even if I did, didnt knew there where more posts about it :) I've looked like everywhere on reactor tuts and picked bit by bit from many diffrent explainations, found just 1 video tut for 2400eu/t reactor :P

But making the reactor itself is simple, trying to acomplish a self subtaining reactor is more diffecult and all the extra`s besides that is starting to get hard, for example What if someone came along and pull all the ice out, destroy blocks overheat and so on, I've calculated a dosin of sutch factors in the fail-save program :) For example, a forcefield around the forcefield generator which is also around the reactor only accesable by computercraft with another forcefield covering those 2 forcefields so there isnt a block in the way of the forcefield so people cant quickly trow dynamite in after destroying one of those blocks which is in the way of the forcefield.

That makes it an grief save reactor exept one small thing how about all the levers? coolant supply and so on. Its not really the reactor itself it are all the mecanics behind it :)

(note: i dont have a forcefield around a forcefield around the reactor around whatever)

Didnt had time to make the tut about the reactor because I was managing the server the whole weekend, due some ''Host" error the main world was corrupted so I needed to replace the world regions. Where a bunch of art creations where made, art with a purpose. Anyway when i've put the regions into a new map other chunks (other then ocean) where created around the spawn and events wich looks ugly. So downloaded worldpainter and make an ocean map, still godda clean some lands by hand, its too much to explain so Lets just say I godda transform like 30 chunks from all sort of biomes to ocean. Or i could make a verry nice terraformed land. Which will look cool at the world map.

Any help is welcome Pm me if you like to help out :)

[if you got skype this will be an advantage which helps to work faster]

Thats true, but I like they removed most of EE, like redmatter amour and the condensors. it requiers much more thinking and work, for example you need to hook up like 3 quarries to a filter which takes uranium to the uranium cell factory which derects them to the reactor itself. Unfortuanly banning EE from our server (the condensors) would mean there will be less people playing on.

But the fact we cant max out anymore, like reactors... Thats a shame =/ So, the more complicater it gets the more I like it but do not ever make things Impossibile compared to the previous versions because thats just a same

Oh, just to make clear we still have tekkit classic :P

You misunderstand the use of HV transformers. They turn UHV to HV, in the same way that MV transformers turn HV to MV, and LV transformers turn MV to LV. What did you think the point in HV transformers was?

are you sure its UHV? does it not go low, medium, high, extreme voltage. ie an HV transformers convert EV to HV. when i originally said UHV [ultra high voltage] i meant 'higher than an HV transformer can take'. unless HV transformers can take higher in tekkit lite, i wouldnt know as i havent got around to playing it yet.

i'm pretty sure its 2048 for HV transformers and HV cable, thats why in my build [same output] i went with a lapotron crystal loop from a mk3 charging mench with a couple of transformer upgrades. i do know i fried the HV transformer on my previous design after an unfortunate autoload test filled the reactor with uranium and took the output to 2400.

if you use 2 directly on the reactor i think its ok because it splits the output 50 50.

i am currently realising the irony that i have another thread asking the same question. tbh at the moment i havent much need of getting the full output from the reactor so i can deal with the mk3 charging benches inneffeciency. plus ofc its a very 'tekkit' way of doing things in a needlessly complicated process that looks cool.