Vanilla to Lite migration, Portal question

Sennex

I have updated my vanilla server to Tekkit Lite. Everything is perfect, MC Edit did the trick along with a few tips form you all here.

I have one snafu that I didn't even think about until last night.

We have been using Transporter v8.12to gate around to various biomes quickly, and it is broke as far as Tekkit lite is concerned.

On startup of the server, Bukkit Forge tosses a Severe error asking if it is out of date

Is there a substitution that you all would recommend?

Two of my players are about 7k (yes, 7000) meters from the spawn and they have a massive complex. I do NOT want to tell them that they have to walk that far to get back.

The error from the Forgemod Log

2013-02-01 09:30:41 [iNFO] [Minecraft] [Transporter] loading compatibility class com.frdfsnlght.transporter.compatibility.VPreClass

2013-02-01 09:30:41 [sEVERE] [bukkitForge] Error occurred while enabling Transporter v8.12 (Is it up to date?)

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/server/Packet

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at com.frdfsnlght.transporter.compatibility.Compatibility.setup(Compatibility.java:41)

at com.frdfsnlght.transporter.Transporter.onEnable(Transporter.java:62)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:217)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:426)

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:383)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:868)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:852)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:230)

at keepcalm.mods.bukkit.asm.BukkitStarter.run(BukkitStarter.java:46)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.server.Packet

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:185)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

... 12 more

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)

at codechicken.core.asm.ClassHeirachyManager.transform(ClassHeirachyManager.java:80)

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(RelaunchClassLoader.java:228)

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:173)

... 14 more

It could be expensive to use teleporters, but it should work.

If you have Mystcraft enabled, you could try using Mystcraft portals and Linking Books. Using a Link Modifier on the linking books so it follows them through and in the same dimension would mean that they could teleport from anywhere to where they want.

It could be expensive to use teleporters, but it should work.

If you have Mystcraft enabled, you could try using Mystcraft portals and Linking Books. Using a Link Modifier on the linking books so it follows them through and in the same dimension would mean that they could teleport from anywhere to where they want.

I had debated on disabling Msytcraft, but if it will perform the same functionality as a gate then I will keep it. thank you!

//off to the mystcraft wiki to read up on how to use it