Design to halt redstone signal?

Jekanl

So here's what I'm trying to do:

I have a simple pair of double doors with two pressure plates on either side. There's red alloy wire running beneath all six blocks, so walking on either side momentarily opens the door.

I like that, but I'd like to add some way for me to hit a switch that will "lock" the door so standing on the pressure plates will no longer open them.

Ideas? I imagine this will involve either latches or redstone torches, but I'm not sure how it would go together . . .

How about pistons?

Have a sticky piston puch a block to cut off the redwires from the doors and when the lever is on the conection won't even exist.

I think "THINK" there is somthing called an AND gate and what it does is it only outputs a redstone signal if two of its sides are being powered. Have one hooked up to the lever and the other to the pressure plates. When the lever is off, it won't emit a signal. I don't know for sure if that will work but I know theres somthing like that.

Given that redwire behaves the same way as redstone does when it comes to corners, you shouldn't have any problems here. You wouldn't even need it to be sticky, the piston extension will block the current just fine.

Given that redwire behaves the same way as redstone does when it comes to corners, you shouldn't have any problems here. You wouldn't even need it to be sticky, the piston extension will block the current just fine.

Derped!

Are you following me? *cheaks following list*

No... Are you trolling me Mr. Obsidian block?

If you pass the signal from the pressure plate through an AND gate before powering the doors then you can use a lever as the second input to the AND gate to control if the doors will open.

That's the second option I outlined. Try being original and not repeating old ideas from the thread.

This is going to be hard without making it my self...

I am going to guess the pistons are over the middle redwires and the pressure plates over the ones on the side.

To make this smaller, I think it looks good. It looks compact.

After typing out a few different possibilities and figuring that the would not work, I think you have a good design. I'm not great at circuits but I see no way to make it smaller and maintain functionality. It might help though to see some pics of the door itself open and closed and where it is in relation to to wires.

There are no pistons.

TAaxdkO.png

Image of the gate while open.

If I turn the lever off, then the door is essentially locked, though unfortunately it only stops the pressure plates already in place from working, another form of switch can still be placed to open them.

But then, that's true of basically all doors. I'd need to switch to piston-based "doors" or some form of sliding door via RP motors to make them more any more player-proof.