[1.4.7] Ablakin [PvP/PvE][50 Slots][Whitelist][Factions][Tekkit][Voltz][Flan's Mod] 24/7 All out War

Seems fair, I just wish we didn't have the massive craters around our base, but we can work around that.

All of our machines, chests, and crates are gone now. Looks like more explosions.

Your factionmates moved the faction somewhere else, I think that's why. :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I helped them how i could, so I guess i'll start my own faction.

About 5 new people joined today, so your faction could grow really fast if you are online enough. :)

However, with this mogee business it seems that it has stirred a Ban Request...

---------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think?

About 5 new people joined today, so your faction could grow really fast if you are online enough. :)

However, with this mogee business it seems that it has stirred a Ban Request...

http://ablakin.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/8726093-glitchman-mogee360-ban-request

What do you think?

I'll PM you about it.

I can't get on the server, the modpack crashes when I try to actually get into the server.

EDIT: Apparently it's an ID mismatch with the server. The mod in question is Balkon's Weapon Mod.

Haha, you joined at a bad time, I'm updating. Wait a sec :D

EDIT: Ok try now, but delete your pack, and reinstall instead of updating.

Won't work otherwise.

Server is down?

No, its up.

We need to further define the definition of "griefing". I beleive that the breaking of blocks, machines, pipes, ect. falls under the definition. The mining laser is banned now because of it. Big scary explosives should usualy be restricted to mining only, unless they are used in the PVP designated area.

What is not griefing, EMP devices to stop defenses, anti-missile missiles (in fact, everybody should get 5), chemical bombs, contagin bombs. All of these listed items do not do block damage. Also, we need to get a dedicated PVP warzone with a warp to it, so, enimes can kill each other with little consiquence, and people in the area actually know that PVP is freely allowed in the area. All Items should be able to be freeley used in the PVP area with the exception of the standardly banned items.

I thought everywhere was a PVP zone except non-enemy factions. Isn't that the whole point of the server?

To quote: All else is allowed, It's war after all.

Yeah, that's how it's supposed to be.

In my opinion we should just make clearer rules, but continue with the global warfare, as otherwise building defenses and weapons would have no purpose as all the fighting would be in a certain area.

For the players who like that, I'm opening another server soon, but for now we should stick to this as it's realism and tension are the main reasons why I created it in the first place.

I agree that pvp without consequence is fun, but I assure you that base wars is very fun when people don't cheat or exploit. :)

With mogee and otesh out of the way, we can truly experience that.

The goal is for the defenders to have a chance at defending, both the invisible armour, and the mining laser were serious hinderances to this goal.

But for now, the biggest threats are missiles, which have a huge variety of counters, so realistic base building war is now possible. (and fair)

One does not feel griefed if they were fairly able to defend their base, using skill and resources, not being destroyed by exploits or cheating.

How did invisible armor hinder defending? Sounds like it would be better for it.

I mean used by the attacker. I was talking about the attacker using certain items like invisible armour (and mining laser), that would make it miserable for people to defend.

To the extent of griefing.

I have formed the faction of the Brotherhood of Steel (BroofSteel). If anyone wants to join they can contact me on the server, Major_Creepist. Poryy, you're our enemy.

I don't think the Enclave is the main enemy of the Brotherhood of Steel. Wait... Yes it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons