How to get Optifine in all Tekkit Packs

KMCD00

Why do you need to make it a custom pack? It will work fine on any of the packs. I'm pretty sure this is based on the old launcher, too, unless they added custom modpack folders to the new folder for some reason.

Why do you need to make it a custom pack? It will work fine on any of the packs. I'm pretty sure this is based on the old launcher, too, unless they added custom modpack folders to the new folder for some reason.

Right. You can just add the Optifine stuff in to modpack.jar which is in the bin directory. It will work just fine - that's how I've been doing it.

I added optifine and to Tekkit Lite, and then it began acting... weird. No crashes or anything, but certain blocks and items do not update unless you either break them or right click them.

Just a list of what happens:

• Breaking a door or a bed breaks only the block you broke, leaving the other half still there (drops the door/bed anyway)
  • Random chance for trees when broken for the whole tree to remain there (but the items drop, and the tree remaining gives nothing extra nor updates)
  • Removing or adding water/lava blocks will not update the "current" of the water/lava (e.g. breaking a block next to a water block will not show the water moving there, but you can still be dragged by the current, drown or set fire with lava)
  • breaking a grass block with tall grass on it will leave the tall grass there (will still drop seeds)
  • Random chance for dirt blocks to not turn into grass blocks outside.

All of these issues are mostly minor (though hidden lava can give you a bit of a surprise), and are solvable by right clicking with an empty hand or something that can't be broken or placed (although sword blocking a glitchy part is fine), but seeing as my cruddy ol' laptop needs optifine to run MC smoothly, I'll just stick to Tekkit.

Are you sure you installed Optifine correctly? You need to put it in the modpack.jar, not the minecraft.jar.

Yes I've done that. I tried it twice to make sure I hadn't broken the first one.

@Teraku: How would I go about updating Forge? Downloading recent one and plonking it in modpack .jar?

• 4 weeks later...