Mining laser or diamond drill? Where to find nether diamond?

TK381

For nether mining what should I use? A diamond drill or a mining laser? The mining laser apparently can destroy some of the blocks but allows you to mine faster and not anger zombie pigmen, the diamond drill doesn't have a chance of "destroying" blocks and not having them drop anything. What should I use?

Where can I find nether diamond in tekkit lite? What Y level should I mine on?

For nether mining what should I use? A diamond drill or a mining laser? The mining laser apparently can destroy some of the blocks but allows you to mine faster and not anger zombie pigmen, the diamond drill doesn't have a chance of "destroying" blocks and not having them drop anything. What should I use?

Where can I find nether diamond in tekkit lite? What Y level should I mine on?

The range and efficiency of the mining laser make the few destroyed block far easily worth it. I think it's around level y=20.

What about enchanted pickaxes and stuff like that? What would be better, a mining laser or a pickaxe with fortune 1 or something along those lines, same goes for the stuff like the nano saber, etc

It depends on what you are doing

So far Nano saber (off) and armor has dealt with every mob (not bosses) without fault except for the creeper, but for them, saber on, problem solved

As for mining...anything which drops a block (iron, gold, silver) I would use a laser but for stuff like Diamonds which drops an item I would go for a fortune pick (Fortune 3 all the way)

This also fits my Nether mining rule of lasers only, because pig men love lasers

Besides once I burn off the nether part I can always place the block and fortune it in the safety of my own home XD

I would recommend a diamond drill with fortune 3 = Unbreakable, fast and efficient ;)

You just need the time and luck to get an enchanted book with fortune and combine it in an anvil.

That´s my favourite mining tool at least.

(sadly you can´t enchant them in the enchantment table itself)

IS this going to be patched or what? Is it supposed to be like this? (enchanting electric tools)

You know what, even if it is a bug it makes sense. You have to have a enchanted book, if you get a enchanted book you don't like and enchant it you have to spend materials that are EXPENSIVE to make a new drill. It takes forever to get a enchanted book that you want.