How do I check if Emeralds are spawning in my game?

Vaygrim

I have searched and searched and cannot find Emerald Ore spawning anywhere in my current game (even after checking new chunks I haven't been to before). Currently in my SSP, Emerald Ore is about a million times more rare than even Diamonds... which seems rather silly.

Where can I check to make sure it's spawning?

I have officially located an Extreme Hills Biome (hitting F3 to check the actual region's biome name). Set up a maximum sized quarry, let it run.. zero Emeralds. Once the quarry completed I picked it up and swiveled it around so I made another max sized quarry butting right up against the first...all still in the Extreme Hills Biome. Let it run, zero Emeralds.

I went through max-size quarrying four times before giving up. Zero Emeralds found total. I am quite sure they are not spawning AT ALL in my game.

So to repeat my initial question with slightly different wording: How can I check if Emeralds are set to spawn WITHIN THE GAME'S CONFIGURATION FILES? I am 100% positive that they are not spawning at all.

This has been checked in a brand new world generated under Tekkit Lite 0.5.9 as well as a new world generated for 0.6.0

The 0.60 world I used creative mode to spawn in the quarries and watch to see what turned up in the chests. Same result for both worlds.. zero emeralds no matter where I check.

I'm not sure that emeralds are supposed to be spawning but, so far I've recently discovered that there are cool looking structure in a desert (pyramid ish) and a mossy structure in a jungle biom. These structure if you happen to find them please enter if caution if you're playing in survival mode. You'll find booby traps in the structure and also chests. And that's where I found 3 Emeralds. Good luck!!