whas the best use for scrap?

condo49

Use it as an amplifier in the Mass Fabricator to produce UU matter faster and 6 times cheaper.

You can also craft 9 scrap into a scrapbox, which can also do thesame job as scrap in a mass fabricator, but when you rightclick it, it drops a random item.

A third option is to combine it with bonemeal to make fertilizer for your IC2 cropfarms.

You can also use the fertilizer to make automated wheat farms and send them to the item "Fertilizer" which will work in a 3x3 cone in front of it. I'll let you look around to find the other pieces to this auto farm :)

It's also worth noting that although you can run a Mass Fabricator off of an MFE it's not very efficient since it requires about 1,000,000 EU to generate matter (http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Mass_Fabricator) so an MFSU is the best choice with a decent power source keeping it powered. It will churn through the scrap very quickly then.

You can also hook the Mass Fabricator directly to the MFSU without needing any kind of Transformer in between.

It's also worth noting that although you can run a Mass Fabricator off of an MFE it's not very efficient since it requires about 1,000,000 EU to generate matter (http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Mass_Fabricator) so an MFSU is the best choice with a decent power source keeping it powered. It will churn through the scrap very quickly then.

You can also hook the Mass Fabricator directly to the MFSU without needing any kind of Transformer in between.

Maybe, just maybe, it is better to not do that. The MassFab will use all the energy stored in there, leaving probably no more energy for the rest of your system. Since it has no limit, it is better to have a direct line between your generator and MassFab. And use the MFE/MFSU for your macerators, furnaces and that kinda stuff.

Maybe, just maybe, it is better to not do that. The MassFab will use all the energy stored in there, leaving probably no more energy for the rest of your system. Since it has no limit, it is better to have a direct line between your generator and MassFab. And use the MFE/MFSU for your macerators, furnaces and that kinda stuff.

That's one way of doing it although there is no way a Generator will produce enough EU to run the MF at full speed (will it?). I have a single MFSU dedicated to my MF and Recyclers and it runs flat out. Really if you are at the stage where you are producing scrap and want to create UU (and for that matter have enough scrap to produce decent amounts of UU) you should have enough resources to spare an MFSU.

But that's the beauty of all these mods... more than one way to get the job done.

Hmm, the only thing I would use an MFSU for my MF('s) is to store the energy. You could also just turn the MF off when there is no scrap, not wasting much energy ( unless you have a sick energy generation ).

Oh and the maximum speed the MF can run is 1 UU/tick, which is 1m EU/tick, which is 20M EU/second, which is only possible with tons of nuclear reactors or solar panels. So that's about it.

Damnit I should stop doing this "that way is better" stuff.

Without EE2 I ended up with some 1200 or so HV solars, they seemed to cap out in Eu/t (I'd get the numbers but the server got wiped/hacked). I had 3 Mass Fabs pumping out around 8-10 uu/s in the end, all feeding a factory that converted uu->Solar Panels -> HV Solar... kinda made it pointless to play at that stage.

Anyways, the point is that there *was* a cap on how many it could take unless I was doing it wrong or the wiring was capping out. You don't need a power storage device in between the Source and MF. Some people think charging 30 MFSU's then turning them on to a MF is cool but they really just wasted all those supplies on their recipes.

Just know that the MF is like a black hole, it will take nearly all it can get (unless you've played too much) and I don't recommend hooking it up to machinery as well. I have dedicated machinery power and all Excess Power hooked up to a mass fab on current tekkit lite.

I have an auto-crafting setup that generates fertilizer from scrap. I have 3 auto-farms going to use up as much of this fertilizer as possible... yet I still have an upgraded barrel that's more than 85% full of scrap. I simply CANNOT use the stuff fast enough.

I've ended up turning off my recycler and just funneling all the waste material from my quarries into three void pipes (trash cans). (shrug)

If you do the scrapbox-dispenser and if it's possible (not sure if it's implemented into Minecraft), burn the wooden tools you get for energy.

Oh yeah. Not much, but if you use it as supplemental, it's amazing. Utterly amazing.