TechnicPack Offline Bugfix: New Launcher Begone!

xXx_180_Notch_xXx

There's a funny little bug with the latest release. It seems that the TechnicCraft crew's computer was infested, so the new launcher is nothing more than a device to harvest your Minecraft accounts.

Get a better antivirus, guys!

The .minecraft folder with the latest TechnicPack: http://www.mediafire.com/?7zzgd4ycfnce3e6

How to install it? Well, I've also put a readme with the pack, though just to be consistent, I'll post it here too:

Place the ".minecraft" folder in "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\"

Afterwards, just use a minecraft loader like the everpopular MinecraftSP to play.

This is awesome for both those who don't want to get their account stolen as well as for those who didn't pay for Minecraft. :(

EDIT: Better link nao.

dude, seriously. no.

Something wrong? I'm just being helpful!

Anyway, got a great idea a while ago. Since this Spoutcraft launcher is open-source, I should be able to just remove the login check from it. I know exactly dick about Java, since I'm mostly a C++ programmer, but I think I'll be able to figure it out.

At least it'll be smaller instead of this 80MB bugfix I'm currently distributing.

Something wrong? I'm just being helpful!

Anyway, got a great idea a while ago. Since this Spoutcraft launcher is open-source, I should be able to just remove the login check from it. I know exactly dick about Java, since I'm mostly a C++ programmer, but I think I'll be able to figure it out.

At least it'll be smaller instead of this 80MB bugfix I'm currently distributing.

No, you're not being helpful. you're intentionally breaking rules for no greater purpose than to support people who don't want to pay for their content.

You're one stupid motherfucker, aren't you?

Roll on the insults. I'm not bothered in the least.

No, you're not being helpful. you're intentionally breaking rules for no greater purpose than to support people who don't want to pay for their content.

Therefore I AM being helpful. I help all those poor souls who can't get their TechnicPack the normal way.

Besides, pay for the content? You're aware the mods are free, right? And the couple of the minecraft JARs I included are freely downloadable from the official site?

Besides, pay for the content? You're aware the mods are free, right? And the couple of the minecraft JARs I included are freely downloadable from the official site?

And I'm sure that YOU are aware that the "freely downloadable" jar files are behind password protected pages. And that the mods are intended to be played with a legitimate minecraft account.

And I'm sure that YOU are aware that the "freely downloadable" jar files are behind password protected pages. And that the mods are intended to be played with a legitimate minecraft account.

1. There are no "password protected pages". Proof: -Snip-

2. Modders don't give a crap if you bought the game or not. They just want people to play their mods.

In any case, why are you so opposed to me helping people? Do you hate fun?

1. There are no "password protected pages". Proof: -Snip-

2. Modders don't give a crap if you bought the game or not. They just want people to play their mods.

In any case, why are you so opposed to me helping people? Do you hate fun?

I am opposed to people like you giving people access to independent games for free.

Do not discuss illegal activities here. This includes piracy.

Regardless of whether you believe in the idea of a free lunch, it's not allowed here.

Well, if you're so butthurt about people having fun, you're welcome to cover the costs yourself. I can give you the number of downloads my archive got and then you can buy that many copies of Minecraft.

There, everyone wins! People will still enjoy a game and you'll be able to sleep at peace, knowing that Notch will get more money for his vacations.

In any case, your argument is faulty from the start. There's no piracy here since I'm not providing a playable copy of Minecraft in any way. You wanna rage, rage at the guys who made the Minecraft loaders.

Well, if you're so butthurt about people having fun, you're welcome to cover the costs yourself. I can give you the number of downloads my archive got and then you can buy that many copies of Minecraft.

There, everyone wins! People will still enjoy a game and you'll be able to sleep at peace, knowing that Notch will get more money for his vacations.

In any case, your argument is faulty from the start. There's no piracy here since I'm not providing a playable copy of Minecraft in any way. You wanna rage, rage at the guys who made the Minecraft loaders.

Wait wait wait. You aren't provided a playable minecraft? That changes things quite a bit.

Well, if you're so butthurt about people having fun, you're welcome to cover the costs yourself.

That however is a particularly awful argument, as my opposition is not to notch getting less money, but towards people receiving content that the majority have to pay for, for no cost.

• Forum Administrators

toot toot

The launcher has nothing to do with piracy and everything to do with ease of update and use on our end. I don't really care what people do outside of these forums. On them, however, we don't endorse piracy. toot toot~

toot toot

The launcher has nothing to do with piracy and everything to do with ease of update and use on our end. I don't really care what people do outside of these forums. On them, however, we don't endorse piracy. toot toot~

Sure, I respect that. But like I said earlier, there was no piracy on my part. All of it are freely downloadable mods. Heh, you could say that what I have is simply a modpack with exactly the same mods as TechnicPack.

So is that what you're scared of? Me as a competitor?

Heh, but seriously though, find a better excuse to ban me than piracy. At least find something I'm actually guilty of.

Speaking of which, can you stop banning me? I'm starting to run out of witty avatars to use.

I tend towards being anti piracy, but i think that a large portion of modern piracy isn't really piracy as such.

/insert rant about correlation/causality, downloads =/= lost sales, underserved communities, and try-before-you-buy-piracy

Somehow the "/insert rant" command isn't as satisfying as doing it myself.

• Forum Administrators

Sure, I respect that. But like I said earlier, there was no piracy on my part. All of it are freely downloadable mods. Heh, you could say that what I have is simply a modpack with exactly the same mods as TechnicPack.

So is that what you're scared of? Me as a competitor?

Heh, but seriously though, find a better excuse to ban me than piracy. At least find something I'm actually guilty of.

Speaking of which, can you stop banning me? I'm starting to run out of witty avatars to use.

Giving away the .minecraft folder is piracy in this sense. Is that really hard to understand? Giving away the parts that Minecraft sells is considered piracy. If this is all about some competition angle then go start your own modpack, its fine. It has nothing to do with anything, and everything to do with you giving away the .minecraft folder on our boards, which makes it our responsibility, this is easy stuff champ.

Giving away the .minecraft folder is piracy in this sense. Is that really hard to understand? Giving away the parts that Minecraft sells is considered piracy. If this is all about some competition angle then go start your own modpack, its fine. It has nothing to do with anything, and everything to do with you giving away the .minecraft folder on our boards, which makes it our responsibility, this is easy stuff champ.

Is it piracy if I give someone saves from Fallout NV? Is it piracy if I give someone the game files from some free MMO?

It's not. It's not piracy if I give something that is already available for free. And Notch is distributing the JARs for free.

Also, I'm interested to hear why did xXx_90_TheBomb_xXx got banned. He broke absolutely no rule except that he argued with the forum's admin, which is apparently considered as a crime here.

You know, this is pretty much considered as an "admin abuse". You could tout the "this is not a democracy here" all you want, fact still remains that you ban people just because they disagree with you.

Speaking as a fellow forum administrator, I know that's not a good way to build a respectable community.

• Forum Administrators

Is it piracy if I give someone saves from Fallout NV? Is it piracy if I give someone the game files from some free MMO?

It's not. It's not piracy if I give something that is already available for free. And Notch is distributing the JARs for free.

Also, I'm interested to hear why did xXx_90_TheBomb_xXx got banned. He broke absolutely no rule except that he argued with the forum's admin, which is apparently considered as a crime here.

You know, this is pretty much considered as an "admin abuse". You could tout the "this is not a democracy here" all you want, fact still remains that you ban people just because they disagree with you.

Speaking as a fellow forum administrator, I know that's not a good way to build a respectable community.

You've convinced me!

Giving out the game files isnt the same as giving out fallout new vegas saved game. Notch does not give these files out for free you have to be signed in to a minecraft account to get them and to sign in to a minecraft account you need to have BOUGHT the game so please go troll somewhere else .

First off, trading fallout saves might be against the license you agreed to when you install the game. In which case it's a breach of contract and considered piracy. When the mods create and distribute their code, it becomes intellectual property. Even without a license, you're still required (under international trade and copyright laws) to get their permission before re-distributing. Mojang prohibits the distribution of their jar files, according to their license. So yes, this is piracy. You stupid assclown.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure he got banned because he's an annoying little douchenozzle that thinks he doesn't have to follow the rules of a community because he knows how to work is aol machine.

As another fellow forum administrator, I ban asshat's. Anyone who disrupts the constructive nature of the community, breaks the rules, or subverts the ban by creating multiple accounts. Also, those that subvert tend to have nothing better to do than make multiple accounts so they can whine about why they got banned as they drink mountain dew and eat cheeto's by the case in their little basement. It's not an apartment. You pay rent because your parents hate you, like the rest of the world.