How does one go about fixing this?

Gee_Wisz

Ok, so my modpack is mostly all nice and pretty now except when I go to retrieve the pack it fails and loads as vanilla. So doing what I can, I check the launcher log and it says:

net.lingala.zip4j.exception.ZipException: zip headers not found. probably not a zip file

Now what I don't get is that the modpack is indeed contained inside of a .zip file. Would WinRar be the culprit here?

I'll give it a shot, if it comes down to it I'll re-download 7-Zip and remove WinRar. I don't truly have a 100% need for it. Though, how do you use 7-Zip like WinRar? (offtopic, yes)

I've never used WinRAR, but from what I've seen you can do pretty much all the same basic functions it has with 7-Zip, although 7-Zip can only decompress RAR files, it can't create them.

I've never used WinRAR, but from what I've seen you can do pretty much all the same basic functions it has with 7-Zip, although 7-Zip can only decompress RAR files, it can't create them.

Ah. Well I'm going to run the version you re-sent me... hopefully it'll come through like it should. (has fingers crossed)

EDIT: Just loaded as Vanilla MC again. -sigh- Goodbye, WinRar. Hello again, 7-Zip.

Ah. Well I'm going to run the version you re-sent me... hopefully it'll come through like it should. (has fingers crossed)

EDIT: Just loaded as Vanilla MC again. -sigh- Goodbye, WinRar. Hello again, 7-Zip.

Make sure you use dl, instead of www, like Ragnar did in his link.

What's the difference and how do I get the dl.dropbox instead of www.dropbox? I'm not too familiar with the site and how it works. I've had past experience with it before, just not for this.

Delete the part where it says www, and type dl. :P

The difference is that dl prompts it to automatically download, whereas www doesn't.

Delete the part where it says www, and type dl. :P

The difference is that dl prompts it to automatically download, whereas www doesn't.

Forgive the stupid question that is about to follow, I've been at this for a few hours (I'm a little brain dead now) and I'm just now getting help (thank you so much, by the way, both of you.), on the platform when it asks for the URL I just change it to "dl" instead of "www"?

basically, if you put your link into the URL bar of your browser, it should immediately ask you where to save the file, so just start the download without loading any kind of webpage. if you get any kind of page that is like, "hey, we heard you like downloads but we aren't sure so click downloads to confirm that you like downloads so you can download your download on the down low." then you're doing it wrong.

Well....I think I dun goofed again. :l

Exception: WrappedIOException

Message: Failed to download https://dl.dropbox.com/s/m6xhvy54d73yzef/gees-modpack-1.0.zip

Trace:

org.spoutcraft.launcher.util.DownloadUtils.downloadFile(DownloadUtils.java:70)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.UpdateThread.updateModpack(UpdateThread.java:429)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.UpdateThread.runTasks(UpdateThread.java:130)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:108)

Caused By: (DownloadException)

[unable to download file]

org.spoutcraft.launcher.util.DownloadUtils.downloadFile(DownloadUtils.java:70)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.UpdateThread.updateModpack(UpdateThread.java:429)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.UpdateThread.runTasks(UpdateThread.java:130)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:108)

This error is definitely new for me...

basically, if you put your link into the URL bar of your browser, it should immediately ask you where to save the file, so just start the download without loading any kind of webpage. if you get any kind of page that is like, "hey, we heard you like downloads but we aren't sure so click downloads to confirm that you like downloads so you can download your download on the down low." then you're doing it wrong.

You like putting things the amusing way, don't you? I do like downloads, by the way... >_>

It extracts the mods now (yaaaay) but not the .bin, and more specifically it cannot find the modpack.jar.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\(namehere)\AppData\Roaming\.technic\perseverancepackage\bin\modpack.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)

There is a modpack.jar file there.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/8gcqauucq9bcxtk/PerseverancePackage-modpack-1.0.zip

EDIT: It doesn't extract any of the mods, but it does go through the process of extracting things from the .zip instead of ignoring it like it didn't exist.

are there any other errors in the log before that one? maybe pertaining to unzipping the pack?

No, the rest of the log reads nicely and it isn't until it tries to find the modpack.jar that it goes wrong.

Additionally, I did just manually insert the modpack.jar and all my mods/coremods into the launcher and it DOES work. But when I tried booting a second time it crashed as well.

So now I need to find out how to get the entire thing to load the mods automatically and why it crashes like that.

EDIT: Are you saying to make it just a regular file instead of a .zip with everything in it?

no, it has to be a zip file. if it's not extracting the contents, it's either not getting the zip properly somehow, or the zip is not created in a way that it understands (which would be odd but hey, java).

How wouldn't it be getting the .zip properly? Do I need to config Solder API as well?