Loading, and Update failed?

Mortamay

Question

Launcher Version: Technic Platform (The newest one just DLed today) Build : 200

Operating System: Win 7

Java Version: 1.7.0_17

Antivirus Program: AVG

Description of Problem:

first problem is, when I open the launcher (Technic Platform) it has 'Loading' and I wait 1-2 mineuts, come back still not working, wait 3 more then I restart launcher. Did this 4 times. Deleted everything tekkit related, cleared recyle bin, re-downloaded it from the tekkit site, saved the launcher, ran it. Same problem. Before any of the loading happened, on the other ver (With Custom 1, 2 and 3.) I deleted it BECAUSE every time I tried to put in a new modpack, For Eg : I wanted to try Voltz, and Hack/Mine but each said 'Update Failed!' after trying to DL Minecraft.jar 3 times. After that, I said to myself 'Oh well'

Went onto tekkitLite and it had a new update, updated it says 'Update failed!' can't go on Tekkitlite anymore, my little bro goes on, updates everything, so I'm forced with 2 options, stop playing on the tekkitlauncher or try to update to the new one, after removing the files and re-applying them ect.

Now the new one no longer works, so now what?

Error Messages:

Update Failed

Error Log:

13 answers to this question

Oh yes and! Whenever I go to enter Tekkit lite sometimes it loads, then when I DL it; it responds

Stack Trace:

Exception: IOException

Message: Failed to download Minecraft! Pack: tekkitlite Minecraft version: 1.4.7

Trace:

org.spoutcraft.launcher.util.MinecraftDownloadUtils.downloadMinecraft(MinecraftDownloadUtils.java:93)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.UpdateThread.updateMinecraft(UpdateThread.java:318)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.UpdateThread.runTasks(UpdateThread.java:122)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:107)

Aswell as in the options there's NO WAY TO CHANGE MC VER

same with custom modpack:

2013/03/16 17:34:21 [sEVERE] java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.spoutcraft.launcher.exceptions.RestfulAPIException: Timed out accessing URL [http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/nike]

2013/03/16 17:34:21 [sEVERE]    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown Source)

2013/03/16 17:34:21 [sEVERE]    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)

2013/03/16 17:34:21 [sEVERE]    at javax.swing.SwingWorker.get(Unknown Source)

2013/03/16 17:34:21 [sEVERE]    at org.spoutcraft.launcher.technic.skin.ImportOptions$2.done(ImportOptions.java:277)

[...]

I'm having the same problem i wanted to try voltz and reinstall yogbox and start using thuamcraft again and i keep getting update fail. when it tries to load it tries loading the minecraft.jar folder three times than says update failed. tekkit will work if i clear it and reinstall but the others won't any ideas?

i have a smiler problem to this. if i try to start up any mod pack other than tekkit classic, it connects to the minecraft website, then i get the update failed. and no matter what i do. it always forbids me from starting up anything other than tekkit classic.

i have no idea what to do. where do i get help at?

I don't understand no. If it's the same launcher you've been using for 2 years maybe you need to try downloading the new one from www.technicpack.net/download

it was just an expression. im sorry if i insulted you without realizing it. i tried downloading the new launcher, it brings me to a sketchy looking page that asks me to download a toolbar that my security system isn't okay with.

Scratch that, i got everything under contrull now. My computer sounds like its doing a lot more work then with the previous launche, but other then that it appears fine.

Nevermined again. It just crashed my computer when I tried to start hack slash mine.