Combine not producing wheat?

On the server, we have a farm set up. It's collecting seeds no problem, but no wheat at all. It harvests fully grown wheat stacks and just puts out seeds. Then the Farm replants them. We aren't getting any food from this thing at all. Any ideas whats happening?

I have pipes leading to a chest for the wheat, yes. I've been watching it for a while, it harvests seeds, but nothing else. It doesn't have any wheat in the pipes at all, but feeds the seeds back into the farm through the diamond filter.

Chop Tree interferes with the Forestry Logger; it does not recognize the dropped blocks as harvestable so they just sit there. I imagine it may have a similar effect on the other Forestry machines. I turned off Chop Tree and they work fine now so try turning it off and see if it fixes your wheat harvesting issue.

* edit

nvm this. Just realised someone in the server already had a working forestry wheat farm before I disabled chop tree.

I'm guessing you only have a pipe connected to the top of the combine. You need one connected to one of the sides to get the wheat.

It's probably this. You can configure forestry to not be side-sensitive, but the default config for farmers/harvesters is side sensitivity.

• 1 month later...

I'm guessing you only have a pipe connected to the top of the combine. You need one connected to one of the sides to get the wheat.

Tested this and found it fixed my combine too. Then, something like 64 wheat came out at once. At least it didn't dissapear :)