Latest LWJGL through launcher

planetguy

An LWJGL issue (that has been resolved in a newer version) has caused me to need to use the latest LWJGL version to play Minecraft. Currently I upgrade LWJGL manually, but I would prefer to be able to do it through the launcher. Is this possible?

As far as I know there's no option, I always have to upgrade LWJGL whether it is with the Technic Platform or vanilla Minecraft. I've just got a working recent copy stashed away on my system and I'll clobber the wrong LWJGL files with that after an update.

I wish they would fix that on the Mojang side though. I have no idea why they send a bugged old version with Minecraft.

With the old LWJGL I always have the bug that makes my keyboard keys 'stick' when I click a lot. Which is deadly when close to lava or long falls, or both.

LWJGL 2.8.5 has a pretty severe bug in it (as described on the mcwiki page: "LWJGL 2.8.5 has a bug which sends a false signal that the user released all currently pressed keyboard keys when a mouse button is pressed."), so yeah you should use 2.8.4 probably.