Creepypasta games

_Anjou_

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that is a work of art, especially for MS paint. You have my applause. My avatar is actually one of the files the game spits out later. I figured out that the images and text files are actually how it "saves" how far you are in the game. So you can mess with it that way if you want to replay a section. Any-who, how far have you guys gotten? (I've beaten it. In fact... my cousin has a "let's play" video that me and him did somewhere when I was showing the game to him... he only lasted about until he saw the "Let's play tag" in blood on the wall after white face captures you the first time before chickening out.)

Wow, that is a work of art, especially for MS paint. You have my applause. My avatar is actually one of the files the game spits out later. I figured out that the images and text files are actually how it "saves" how far you are in the game. So you can mess with it that way if you want to replay a section. Any-who, how far have you guys gotten? (I've beaten it. In fact... my cousin has a "let's play" video that me and him did somewhere when I was showing the game to him... he only lasted about until he saw the "Let's play tag" in blood on the wall after white face captures you the first time before chickening out.)

I got too scared to finish it. I ended up just watching a lets play.

Aw, too bad. Oh well. Anyways, I just realized that I should probably share this.

http://www.thefreebundle.com/

Yay for free-ness! Yay for more scary games! Yay for indies! Yay!

Hear that sound? That was all of your free time being launched through the stratosphere, way out past all of those jetpack-wearing vikings.

You're welcome.

(Anyone want to try out Ascension and tell me how it is? I'm kinda short on free time right now, I'll probably be working on some Wiimote-Bluetooth compatibility issues with my laptop for the rest of the night.)

How bad is the Witch's House? I saw that Anjou said it had jump scares, but it looks like a neat game overall. Jump scares frighten the shit out of me though, but sometimes I can bear them.

Before this talk of Imscared, I saw a video by Cr1tikal where he played a bit of it. I'm not sure if he actually finished the game, but judging by your comments, I would guess not. Anyways, how good is Imscared as a horror game? Jump scares, messing with your head, anything you could describe about it?

I might actually play them then...

How bad is the Witch's House? I saw that Anjou said it had jump scares, but it looks like a neat game overall. Jump scares frighten the shit out of me though, but sometimes I can bear them.

Well, you are gonna get scared. I've been playing horror games since I was little (maybe I shouldn't have done that), and it's actually my favorite category of games, but this game is really scary. This game will throw scary shit at you just as you walk across a hallway at the beginning. It's very psychological as well, and contains crazy things like talking plants, talking cats, alive teddybears and much else mad stuff. It also contains many traps, some that will scare you. You have to be fast, have a quick mind, and good reflexes in this game, because you WILL find yourself chased by something very often, and most of the times, you are never prepared for it.

The Witch's House has a creepy atmosphere and music, and it can make you feel like you're put on edge, and sometimes you can get paranoid (I'm not saying that it's going to happen). Almost everytime, you have to solve puzzles in order to progress in the game. The Witch's House is worth playing, but yes, it is very creepy. Hope I described it well enough.

Before this talk of Imscared, I saw a video by Cr1tikal where he played a bit of it. I'm not sure if he actually finished the game, but judging by your comments, I would guess not. Anyways, how good is Imscared as a horror game? Jump scares, messing with your head, anything you could describe about it?

I might actually play them then...

Well, what else can you say about Imscared except that there is a freaking ghost (I don't really know what it is), which name is White Face, that haunts you and your computer in a game with horrible render distance, chases you around in dark areas, makes static noises as he (or she?) closes into you that will make you panic, and really run for your life. I've never fearquited (I don't know if it's spelled that way) in a game before, but this game made me fearquit when White Face showed up at the edge of my screen, as I was running around. As the title of the game says "Imscared - A Pixelated Nightmare", it is a fucking nightmare, even for the toughest gamer.

Most I have ever done at a horror game before is jump a little bit.

I cried.

Well, you're not the only one on that part. I sat yesterday and played Silent Hill 3 on my PS2, and it was dark exactly everywhere in the game and around myself (this was before I got the flashlight), and all of a sudden, I hear static noises from the radio, and I started to sob and make Heather run around in circles until I eventually ran up to my PS2 to turn it off. I mean, dark exactly everywhere, you couldn't see a thing, static noises growing louder and louder. That was enough for me to get paranoid about that White Face would show up at the edge of my screen.

Well, you're not the only one on that part. I sat yesterday and played Silent Hill 3 on my PS2, and it was dark exactly everywhere in the game and around myself (this was before I got the flashlight), and all of a sudden, I hear static noises from the radio, and I started to sob and make Heather run around in circles until I eventually ran up to my PS2 to turn it off. I mean, dark exactly everywhere, you couldn't see a thing, static noises growing louder and louder. That was enough for me to get paranoid about that White Face would show up at the edge of my screen.

Worst part is I don't even know why it is so scary. It is the most terrifying game character I have ever seen, and even when you say it behind the bars in that room off the first hallway, it scares the christ out of you. Yet all it is is a poorly drawn pixely white face. It is partailly the atmosphere of the game, and...that laugh, but mostly for an unkown reason. You try to explain why the game is so scary to others, but you can't.

I...I played I'mScared.

I wasn't really that scared, probably because I knew what was coming for most of it. Oh well, hopefully the Witch's House will give me a better scare. Seriously, I didn't find White Face scary in the slightest, although I was scared to first launch the game and see him for the first time.

EDIT: I downloaded The Witch's House and the RPG thingy that came with it. I installed the RPG thing and started up TWH. The choice selection started at quit, and scrolled up to play. I moved the cursor down, but couldn't move it back up. When I hit play, my character looked around a bit, then proceeded to run up. I can't move her down, and the only way I can move her is to the left and right. This is accomplished by holding down the down arrow key and the left/right arrow key. I restarted the game, and tried to run to the side, but she still forcibly ran up into the rose bush. I thought that this was a bug, so I deleted everything and reinstalled/redownloaded both files. After extracting them and installing, I opened the game up again. The same thing happened. I can't play this game. :(

I...I played I'mScared.

I wasn't really that scared, probably because I knew what was coming for most of it. Oh well, hopefully the Witch's House will give me a better scare. Seriously, I didn't find White Face scary in the slightest, although I was scared to first launch the game and see him for the first time.

Yeah, it is far scarier when you dont know what is coming.

By the way, the reason that dont does not have an apostrophe is because my macro keyboard is acting up, a macro I set as a joke a while ago is freaking out, if I were to type it with the apostrophe, this would come out: donblrgblrgblrgt

Worst part is I don't even know why it is so scary. It is the most terrifying game character I have ever seen, and even when you say it behind the bars in that room off the first hallway, it scares the christ out of you. Yet all it is is a poorly drawn pixely white face. It is partailly the atmosphere of the game, and...that laugh, but mostly for an unkown reason. You try to explain why the game is so scary to others, but you can't.

I can't agree more, fine sir. I mean, let's take a look at Slender (without any mods). Slenderman himself in the game isn't that scary if you think about it, and in that game, you have pretty good render distance, and, the only noises in that game isn't that scary if you've played it for a pretty long time (like I have). But in Imscared, you have a freaking flying smiling pixelated head chasing you in places where you can't even see 1 meter ahead. And yes, that laugh... that fucking laugh. I hate it. I just hate it.

But I've got a mod for Doom 2 that's even more scarier than Imscared. But this one is scary because it has jumpscares. So many freaking jumpscares. It's Ghoul's Forest 3. I promise you, when my big brother played this, he ran out of my room after literally 2 minutes, crying. Do yourself a favor, and don't get Ghoul's Forest 3 for the Doom 2.

The ending and aftermath of Imscared is easily the most messed up part if you don't know what's coming. I think I'll start to play The Witch's House now, and If I can manage it, I might do a Let's Play of it. If I do, I'll post a link.

But I've got a mod for Doom 2 that's even more scarier than Imscared. But this one is scary because it has jumpscares. So many freaking jumpscares. It's Ghoul's Forest 3. I promise you, when my big brother played this, he ran out of my room after literally 2 minutes, crying. Do yourself a favor, and don't get Ghoul's Forest 3 for the Doom 2.

Now I'm tempted... I usually prefer slow building and atmosphere, (Imscared, Slender, Etc.) over tons of jumpscares, but... maybe after I finish The Witch's House

The ending and aftermath of Imscared is easily the most messed up part if you don't know what's coming. I think I'll start to play The Witch's House now, and If I can manage it, I might do a Let's Play of it. If I do, I'll post a link.

The Witch's House is awesome. If you like those 2D RPG-like horror games, I would recommend "Ib", "Mad Father" and "The Crooked Man".

Now I'm tempted... I usually prefer slow building and atmosphere, (Imscared, Slender, Etc.) over tons of jumpscares, but... maybe after I finish The Witch's House

Oh dear... If you're going to play Ghoul's Forest 3, you'll need Doom 2 and someone/something to hug. In this mod, you don't have to worry about just one monster and horrifying stuff which wants to kill you, you have to worry about several. You'll die quickly if you're not fast in this game.

I'll just warn you, I'm well-experienced with horror games, and even I couldn't stand more than two minutes of this game. I cried more than I did while playing Imscared.

So yeah, I'm still not able to play the Witch's House. So...suggestions?

Maybe slender with mods.

As I wrote earlier, The games I would recommend that are like The Witch's House are "Ib", "Mad Father" and "The Crooked Man"

As for the Slender mods, I would recommend "Sanatorium". It's a simple mod that puts you into a sanatorium, with Slendy. But there is one horrifying change: Slenderman can now teleport everywhere, and it isn't like in the regular Slender, he can teleport right in front of your face. If you look at him, turn away, and back again, he's sometimes gone and has teleported at some random place on the map. Sanatorium is great, and you're not safe anywhere, as he can teleport right by your face.

EDIT: There are also some mods that makes the game much more realistic.

"Slender: The Arrival" is developed and published as a sequel to the first Slender game. The graphics has improved enormously, the environment and Slendy himself. It's an amazing sequel which contains different chapters and a real story. The majority of the game takes place in abandoned area (house, defunct mine etc.), each with different objectives, so if you haven't played "Slender: The Arrival" yet, you should.

So, Bytemaster is currently trying to help me get the Witch's House working, but let's talk about Slender.

When I got it, I was absolutely fucking terrified to turn a corner. That game really spooked me, but once I saw Slenderman for the first time, the fright quickly died down. Maybe with the mods you mentioned, it'll be a brand new experience.

Anyone played Ascention ever? I started playing it a few nights ago, but temporarily chickened out when it told me "Use the down arrow to hold your breath". Seriously, whatever that is for, it can be nothing but nerve-wracking. I also got scared by the creepy little blinking console lights in the halls, lol. I think I'll try to play it more tonight if I get a chance. It seems pretty polished.

Hmm... It sounds interesting. The art style reminds me of a 2D horror game named Lone Survivor, and "use the down key to hold your breath" reminds me of Blackwell.

I think I'm gonna get that game Ascention, it sure looks promising.

I just played Ascention for about 15 minutes. Yay! So far, it's great, it has a creepy atmosphere, scary enemies, and it always makes you feel like you're put on edge. The controls, though, aren't responding very well, but it might just be my laptop. I must say that it is basically like Lone Survivor, but this one is scarier. What kind of annoys me, though, is that you enter doors so slowly, and that becomes a problem because an enemy can attack you even if you're entering the doors.

TheBytemaster, can you please tell me how to use a health pack, if you know it? I can't really figure out how to use them.

But despite that, so far, I give this game ten outta ten! You gotta go ten outta ten! Mooseman9, if you get this reference, you're awesome. :D

• 1 month later...